Your "favorite" "must have" app.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by tinydancer, Aug 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tinydancer macrumors regular

Aug 31, 2004
    North Carolina
    In looking through some screenshots from the August desktops thread I notied a lot of folks have stuff in their menu bars and docks that I have never seen, which gets me thinking if I am missing some really cool stuff, or just cool icons. So, I was hoping people might mention an app or two that they couldn't do without. I'm not speaking about apps you use professioally, but rather in terms of lifestyle. If you could post links that would be great so folks could give them a try. I just end up using the stuff that comes on my mac and would figure there are some other great apps avaible for is always great too. Anyway...what are you all using?
  2. 20rogersc macrumors 65816

Jun 28, 2005
    Brighton, UK
  3. RacerX macrumors 65832

Aug 2, 2004
    Well, this isn't a free app as the previous poster emphasized with all those links, but my favorite, must have app is Stone Design's Create.

For me, this app let me work in Mac OS X even before the final version of Mac OS X was released. It has been my "go to" app in OPENSTEP, Rhapsody and Mac OS X for many years now and is sort of a swiss army knife for me on my systems. :D

As I said it is not free (about $150), but you do get free upgrades for life... so it has been free for me for quite a few years now. ;)
  4. xPismo macrumors 6502a

Nov 21, 2005
  5. x704 macrumors regular

Apr 15, 2006
    I like my student edition of CSI concepts . It's a 2D/3D CCAD (Conceptual Computer Aided Design) that beats BobCAD to death (at least the versions I used). Even if you don't have something to design it is still fun to try to figure out what you can do with it.

If you can get your hands on a student version of concepts unlimited I think it is well worth it for $200. If anybody wants the links to the demo (in the demo you can do everything except save files) I can get them later or you can email CSI for them.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.