Your Favorite P2P

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by iHungry, Jul 5, 2004.

1. iHungry macrumors newbie

iHungry

Okay, I know theres know real "safe" P2P app. I've been using Limewire for some songs and music videos. But does anyone else know or use a reliable P2P app?

2. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

If you use the MacRumors Search Page, you'll find that this subject has been discussed more than a few times.

The forum rules must be observed in all P2P discussions. The rules state that you can discuss P2P in general, including P2P software that's available, but you cannot discuss particulars of warez/serials/etc, such as what server/tracker to use to find program X or how to search for serial Y.

3. iHungry thread starter macrumors newbie

iHungry

Hi, I had a question about the pirate thing, I don't understand it too well, do you get in trouble for downloading the music or do you get in trouble for sharing the music?

4. netytan macrumors 6502

netytan

You can, but this is not spacifically linked to P2P as you can get in trouble for downloading pirated stuff from anywhere. But the odds that you'll get in trouble really depends on what you want to do, but IMO its a pretty slim chance. My advice to you, if you desided to do it, be smart.

Act like theres a massive thunder storm going on around you and in the middle of a field on top of a mountain: keep you head down and point your ass directly a the big man ;).

Just dp whatever feels right to you, but be aware that this is a pretty touchy subject to some people.

Mark.

5. iHungry thread starter macrumors newbie

iHungry