Your Favorite Pizza

Discussion in 'Community' started by ChicagoMac, Jan 24, 2003.

1. ChicagoMac macrumors regular

Since someone tried hijacking my Superbowl thread with the pizza topic, I thought I would start one about favorite pizza. This can be favorite toppings and/or favorite pizza restaurant.

The best pizza I ever had was at B.J.'s on Balboa Island in California. My favorite chain restaurant pizza is Hungry Howies (found mostly in Michigan). My favorite sit down restaurant pizza is harder to pick. After all, I do live in Chicago! Gino's East and Giordanos are pretty close. There are several others in the area that are quite good too.

As far as toppings, leave off the green peppers, onions and anchovies and I'll love it! I could eat pizza everyday and never get tired of it!

2. medea macrumors 68030

medea

I love white pizza with tomatoes and spinach.

3. Thanatoast macrumors 6502a

Thanatoast

there is a pizza place in dallas called Big Al's. they make the best pizza i've ever tasted. excellent crust, REAL cheese. gimme plain ole' pepperoni and i'm a happy guy. and they deliver! mmmm. pizza.

4. vniow macrumors G4

Hey, there's a pizza place called Big Al's in downtown OKC too, I wonder if they're part of a small chain?

5. rjrufo macrumors regular

Linwoods Bar and Grill in Randolph, Mass. That has got to be the best pizza I've ever had. I'm not picky about the toppings, so anything is fine with me.

6. Thanatoast macrumors 6502a

Thanatoast

dunno, vniow, do they use real cheese? i mean, you can taste the difference. it's gooood.

7. vniow macrumors G4

Couldn't tell ya, I haven't been there in a few years, I just noticed the similar name, I do remember that the pizza was damn good though.

8. 3rdpath macrumors 68000

3rdpath

2nd star on the right and straight till morning
    campisi's in dallas has always been a fav..though i don't get back to dallas that much.

the best pizza i've ever had was in this little wood-stove pizzaria in rome-right off the via veneto...absolutely amazing.

but since most of my time is now spent in l.a., i'd have to say the pizza from georgio's in studio city is the best. their deep-dish vegetarian buon gusto is excellent.

9. krossfyter macrumors 601

krossfyter

ahh yeah a pizza thread! ROCK!

okay now im going to hijack this thread and start talking about the superbowl.... sike (hardy har har...nudge nudge wink wink say no more)

okay all stupidity aside.

why is it that the best kind of pizza one has ever tasted usually comes from mom and pop joints? is this true or not?

im usually down with any kind of pizza since its my favorite meal. ill eat it all except when one starts putting crap on there that shouldnt belong on a pizza... you know what i mean. i believe the best pizza ive had came from some small pizza joint in dallas... i was walking down the sidewalk of a strip of stores and i saw this pizza joint... and i decided to go in and just try out thier pizza. i was in love.

i dont know the name of the joint or anything... i guess some things are better left unsaid. kinda makes it more mysterious.
    *sigh*

10. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

my favorite pizza...

spinach, chicken, artichoke & mushrooms...

no mozzarella...just feta...

red sauce...on whole wheat crust...

accompanied by a nice glass of red wine... ;)

11. mymemory macrumors 68020

mymemory

Please do not talk about Pizza

All the pizaa places are closed because of the strike. They have been closed for 50 days now and I really would like to have a Papa Jons Garden Special Pizza without the black things and peperoni instead.

I may be moving to the US very soon just to eat pizza and Mc Donalds and Wendys, etc, etc, etc....:( :( :( :rolleyes:

12. 3777 macrumors 6502

How can you not root for Chucky:eek: I'm sure gannon will put together a few drives, should be a great game :D

13. kiwi_the_iwik macrumors 65816

kiwi_the_iwik

I'm a Pepperoni/Mozzarella/Tomato/Jalapeno Pepper fan...

H H H H H O O O O O T T T T T !

14. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

i have mixed feelings. i used to love domino's, pizza hut, little caesars... and hate nj/ny pizza... super greasy big slices... now i live in nyc and have that stuff quite frequently. the best place overall i've been to is a place that does 2 slices and a small drink for 3 bucks. can't top that for lunch in nyc...

and it's quite good pizza

a good pizza hut or domino's is still good to me.

though i'm gonna need to start finding some places with non dairy pizza. that'll be the day. ha

15. Thanatoast macrumors 6502a

Thanatoast

well v, that sounds like a good excuse to go out for pizza tonight. ;)

16. Over Achiever macrumors 68000

Over Achiever

I love the really deep dish pizza, Chicago style almost. Pizza that you have to eat with a fork.

There's only one place here in the Twin Cities that I know of that serve that style of pizza, and that's Rocky Rococcos or something.

Yum. Damn now i'm hungry. Lemme pop a pizza in the oven for dinner. :D

17. ChicagoMac thread starter macrumors regular

There used to be an "Edwardo's Pizza" downtown Minneapolis that had stuffed pizza (what you call "Chicago Style"). We definately are not short on choices here in Chicago!

18. diorio macrumors 6502a

I'm surprised nobodies mentioned papa murphey's. I don't know if it's in the east yet, but it's pretty much all over the west as far as I know. It is take and bake, absolutely delicious. If I sound like a salesmen, that could be true since I work there.:D

19. howard macrumors 68020

howard

call me crazy, i've had all different kinds of pizza but my favorite is just thin crust just cheese from pizza hut..thats right...pizza hut...

20. Cursor macrumors 6502

Cursor

I hate the chain pizzas (Pizza Hut, Dominos). It's only the greasy dirty corner shops for me. Pepperoni and plain cheese are hard to beat.:D

21. GrandShenlong macrumors member

I'd eat any pizza w/o anchovies, pineapple, and spinach.

Favorite topping combination: pepperoni, sausage, mushrooms, green peppers, onions, OLIVES, four-cheese... cheese.

Someone should make a pizza with pepperjack instead of mozzarella.

22. szark macrumors 68030

szark

23. Glossybear macrumors member

Mmmmm Pizza....

Pizza is my favorite food.
    I could eat it 4-5 times a week.

The trick is to vary the "genres" or styles of pie.

Deep-dish, thin crust, street style, west-coast, frozen, yuppie gormet... whatever just serve it up!

I once heard someone say, "Pizza is like sex. Even when it is bad it is GOOD"

Words to live by.

24. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

i like greek pizza with feta, sun dried tomatoes, and olives on it

pineapple pizza is terrible unless i am really hungry...then i could tolerate it

25. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

The best traditional pizza that I've had is from my old home town, Darien, CT. Its called Post Corner Pizza, run by a Greek family. They do something special with it, not sure exactly, but I've never found a pizza like it since.

As for gourmet pizza, Pizza Paradiso in Dupont Circle in DC kicks butt. There is another that's supposed to be even better, Two Amy's, but I've yet been able to make it there.

As for the large delivery chains, Papa John's is the one I'd call if I got it delivered - which isn't often.

D