Your Favorite Recipes...

Discussion in 'Community' started by MacAztec, Mar 16, 2003.

1. MacAztec macrumors 68040

Oct 28, 2001
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    This is a thread where you post your favorite recipes...heres mine (they dont have to be exact, just whats in it and stuff):

Egyptian Keyholes. Get a piece of break, and with a cup, cut the center out of the bread. Just like a circle cup, make a circle in the center of the bread.

Then, butter up your pan (alot), and throw the bread and the bread cutout on there. Crack an egg and put it in the middle of the bread (where the circle is). Once the egg is about cooked (you know, like you are cooking an over-easy egg), flip the whole bread piece, and let it cook on the other side for about 15-20 seconds.

Its really good, and the little circle cutout of bread is good to dip in the yellow stuff once its all runny.

Club Sandwich. Get like 3 pieces of bread, and put whatever you like on em. I use roastbeef and turkey, swiss, on the middle piece, i put mayo and mustard (one on each side). Tomatoes, pickles, pepperocinis, and lettuce make the sandwich great. Toasting it is better!

Steak. Grab a Steak (new york or ribeye), and make sure its thawed out. Put it on a dish, and put some fresh lemon juice on both sides. Then, put a SMALL layer of accent on both sides (small!). Then, put a generous ammount of garlic salt on both sides, enough to cover the whole thing, but not too much (you know what i mean). Then, put some black pepper ontop of that (I like a lot of pepper).

Cook it medium rare. Thats how its the best. I like it red inside. Good with a ceaser salad.

Anything, cheesecake, cookies, brownies, fruit icecream...
  2. scem0 macrumors 604

Jul 16, 2002
    back in NYC!

2 packages of TopRamen® ramen noodles (any flavor)
    1 fork (best if it won't melt in boiling water)
    1 cheesestick (optional)
    1 bowl
    1 strainer
    1 pot (for boiling water)

Get your pot filled up with enough water to where the ramen
    noodles are completely covered by water. More is fine, but the
    noodles will have less flavor according the how much water you

Get the 2 packages of TopRamen® ramen noodles, and proceed
    to take them out of their packaging. Seperate the noodles
    from the spice.

Wait for the water to come to a boil.

Put the noodles in the pot of boiling water. Use the fork to keep
    them from floating to the top. Stir them when they get soft
    enough. When the water starts to boil over the edge of the
    pot, put it on low, and keep it there - all the while checking to
    see if the noodles are ready. When you think the noodles are
    a little TINY bit too hard, turn the burner off.

Add everything from both packets of spice into the water. Stir.

Pour all the contents in the pot into a strainer (preferably a
    strainer located in a sink, so as not to burn yourself ;)).

Pour the contents of the strainer into the bowl, and you've got
    yourself some tasty ramen noodles.

Now, if you want to add cheese, you would add little strings of
    the string cheese while you are pouring the ramen noodles into
    the bowl (From the strainer). THe ramen noodles are hot enough
    to melt the cheese, but you will have to stir it so it isn't so clumpy.

I LOVE RAMEN NOODLES :D. BTW - the best flavor (For a normal
    mood) is oriental flavor. But what flavors are good depends on
    what mood you are in.
  3. MacFan25 macrumors 68000

Jan 5, 2003
    Yeah, I like ramen noodles, too. But, I wouldn't say that I love them. :D The picante chicken flavor is kind of spicey.
  4. pantagruel macrumors regular

Oct 29, 2002
    here and there
    cant cook anything except spaghetti, but its good pasta mon ami!
  5. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Nov 1, 2001
    This topic comes up every now and again. I've posted a few recipes before, but one of the easiest and tastiest is for popcorn.

Use a large pot with a lid, one you'd cook 2 lbs of spagetti in. Add a couple handfulls of popcorn kernels so that they cover the whole bottom of the pan and then pour in a liberal amount of olive oil - not the light stuff either. The dark green kind with lots of flavor is the best. Pour in enough to coat the bottom of the pan and to insure all the kernals are touching the olive oil.

Put it on high and let it pop the corn, stiring/shaking the pot once in a while to make sure everything gets evenly cooked.

Right when the popping starts to die down, take it off the high heat and dump it all into a large paper bag (grocery bag). Then take some sea salt or regular if that's all you have and sprinkle some into the bag on top of the popcorn. Hold the top of the bag with you hands and shake it all up to get the salt evenly spread - and do this until it tastes just the way you like it.

No butter needed - if you used a piquant olive oil, the flavor transfers to the corn and it has great flavor - believe me. At my office I have constant requests weekly to make popcorn.

Some times add some rosemary or thyme in for a change.

Mmmmm, good.

6. Les Kern macrumors 68040

Les Kern

Apr 26, 2002
    My favorite is my own recipe: "Heart Cakes"
    I eat them every day.

2 cups flour
    1 cup sugar
    1 lb. unsalted butter
    1/2 12 oz. can Crisco or any lard product
    2 tbs. cinnamon
    1 12 oz. bag of M+M's
    The crust from a loaf of bread
    1/2 lb. Cheddar cheese
    1 can of Bass Ale
    128k/sec for 2 minutes of bandwidth
    1 lb. of meat-free bacon or equivalent of bacon grease
    pack of smokes

Combine all ingredients except smokes and beer in a bucket. Stir. Pour into heart-shaped mold. Bake for 2 minutes. Cut into happy squares. Serve with beer and smokes. Log on to the net and surf the vast wasteland.
    MMmmm. I'm having one right n.......