Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
I wasn't part of MacRumors when that was posted but I've gotta admit that I kinda see where they're coming from. It always surprises me how well the original iPod kicked off but I guess it's more a testament to iTunes' abilities rather than the iPod itself.

Anyway, any rumour involving Merom and any day of the week gets a chuckle from me.

zephead

macrumors 68000
Apr 27, 2006
in your pants
The G5 PowerBook rumor has been around probably since before I joined up here, so anyone have any idea when that rumor first showed up? That's also probably one of the longest running gag rumors too. :rolleyes:

erickkoch

macrumors 6502a
Jan 13, 2003
Kalifornia
The PC Emulator Vaporware that was promised but never delivered. I forgot the name, I think it was SoftWindows or Virtual PC, but one of these companies announced the developement of a Windows emulator that would have the speed of a PC and would allow full use and speed of the graphics card, allowing PC games to be played on a Power PC Mac.

Like a sap, I really believed it and waited like a kid at Christmas for this app. It never materialized. :(

macman2790

macrumors 6502a
Sep 4, 2006
Texas
the merom macbook pro rumor. This thing is crazy. So many threads about it since august. I never followed the powerbook g5 thing. That was probably very disappointing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.