Your Most & Least Favorite WoW Zones?

Discussion in 'Games' started by HiRez, Oct 2, 2005.

1. HiRez macrumors 603

Jan 6, 2004
    Western US
    My most favorite:

1. Duskwood (great atmosphere and quests)
    2. Elwynn Forest (homey and cute)
    3. Stranglethorn Vale (fun scenery and challenging beasts, many quests)
    4. Dun Morogh
    5. Westfall (good variety of quests, first real instance)
    *Honorable mention for Ashenvale and Western Plague Lands

My least favorite:

1. Burning Steppes
    2. Blasted Lands
    3. Mulgore (kinda boring scenery)
    4. Un'Goro Crater
    5. Felwood (brutal access/travel layout, no Alliance inns or mailboxes)
  2. Mord macrumors G4

Aug 24, 2003
    favorite: dustwood, great for grouping and a lovely atmosphere, all it needs is an instance behind that portal.

least: wetlands, i play priest and i die far too much their.
  3. Patmian212 macrumors 68020

Apr 11, 2004
    Im just a noobie at wow but my favorite has to be Darnasus cuz it just looks really cool, to bad theres not many things there, my least favorite is where the undead starts off, its DEPRESSING.
  4. BrianKonarsMac macrumors 65816

Apr 28, 2004
    favorite place: zul'gurub due to fun game play and gorgeous environment.

least favorite: molten core is boring as all hell, repetitive mobs, and a waste of game time except for the epic quality items.
  5. PharmD macrumors 6502

Aug 2, 2005
    Oregon Coast
    Well, I don't play anymore but when I did play...

Favorite- Ashenvale, Feralas and Winterspring- I enjoyed these areas because they were so lush and pleasing to the eyes.

Least Favorite- The Barrens! That place had so many quests and was so boring I thought I'd die. Every horde member has to go there from levels 10-20ish.
  6. Palad1 macrumors 6502a

Feb 24, 2004
    London, UK
    I just love Loch Mordan / Thelsamar, brings back great memories of my first steps as a bold explorer (it's the second region you move to when playing dwarf/gnome)..

plus, I have a personnal grudge against Chok'Sul :D

7. AoWolf macrumors 6502a

Nov 17, 2003
    Daytona Beach
    Favorite: Ashenvale First PvP experiences neat ruins.

Least: Undercity I hate undead with every thing in me.
  8. ghostee macrumors 6502

Feb 25, 2004
    Villa Park, IL
    I'm still early in the game, but so far:

Most Favorities:
    The Barrens - I like the scenery, enemies, and xrds. Many of the quests are good here. I also spent many levels in this zone, so it has good memories. Also got my first PVP experience at xrds.

Hillsbrad Foothills - Again, great quests.

Least Favorities:
    Durotar - Ugly plain red as far as the eye can see.

Thousand Needles - Again, ugly scenery.
  9. Semperfiero macrumors newbie

Jun 16, 2004
    Darnasus (under appriciated city)
    Feralas (great scenery)
    Stormwind (first major city i visited so setimental value i suppose)
    Shadow Fang Keep (by far the best thought out and most fun instance)
    Tanaris (only because i love grinding in pirates cove)

Least Favorite:
    Gnomeregan (i have a firey passionate hate of that place)
    Barrens (excessive amount of travel to get anywhere and Ratchet needs a FP)
    Badlands (once again lots of travel for nothing)
    Duskwallow Marsh (excessive amount of non-humanoid Mobs)

Radbod - Human Lock - Eonar

Edit: Added Char info
  10. Mord macrumors G4

Aug 24, 2003
    i hate gnomergan too, with my NE priest i was in thier and we were doing badly with 2 wipes so far and we were coming up to the dark iron dwarf bit where you always wipe so i say wait i have a plan listen, "ok i'll hang back in shadowform while you attack the dark irons, pull them into this passage but not near me and conc. all your fire on one dwarf if i think your going to survive if i heal you then i'll come out of shadowform and help, if i think you will wipe i'll stay in and res you all when you die for another go" "ok" "ok" "ok" "ok". so i shadowform and they go out and pull four dark irons they stay out their and attract two more mechs so a shake my head and they are yelling HEAL HEAL like n00bs at 60% health, then after a while when they are nearly all dead and have taked about 25% off all the dark irons just like i told them not to they run towards me and the enemys pull me out of shadowform and kill as all, then i get "wtf why were you not healing n00b priest" then i proceaded to leave the realm and start a mage on argent dawn.
  11. shortyjj macrumors regular

Apr 21, 2004
    Darnassus is beautiful, wish that Blizz would do something more with it.

That said, I love Dire Maul - it's like they took Darnassus and made it into an instance. Unfortunately, I meet way too many 60s (probably the majority) who say "huh, I've never been there."

Come on, how can you not love an instance where a non-stealth party can use a shortcut to skip directly to two bosses, or go on a run where the whole point is to NOT kill bosses in order to get the drops?
  12. mus0r macrumors regular

Mar 27, 2005
    My favorite place is Ashenvale, so far. i really dig the scenery and the music - very Tim Burton...I just wish there were more quests there.

Least favorites include Desolace, the Barrens, Mulgore, Silverpine.
  13. floyde macrumors 6502a

Apr 7, 2005
    Monterrey, México
    That's what sucks about being a healer, everybody wants you to be their personal body guard. They all assume you have a limitless supply of mana and that you can keep healing them even when they have gone several hundred feet away from you. The worst part is, non-healers always claim that healing is easy and that they would do a much better job (even when they've never even played a healer character). Also, in Battle Grounds (where you don't have to agree to be the group's healer to get in), I always get messages from angry idiots asking me why I didn't heal/res them. Most of the time these people weren't even near me at all when they needed healing, and either way I'm not going to waste my mana (that I use to attack) to try to save someone that would've been killed anyway and that would've been rezed in about 10 seconds anyway.
  14. dizastor macrumors 6502a

Dec 27, 2001
    Los Angeles
    Favorite: Undercity (Undead pwns you all.)

Least Favorite: All alliance towns and their lame music.
  15. invaLPsion macrumors 65816

Jan 2, 2004
    The Northlands
    Duskwood reminds me of Diablo II.

aaaaaahhhhhhhhh............ ;)