Your needs?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by I'mAMac, Sep 2, 2006.

?

What Intel Mac suits your needs?

1. Mac Pro

8 vote(s)
    30.8%
  2. iMac G5

2 vote(s)
    7.7%
  3. Mac Mini (core solo or duo)

1 vote(s)
    3.8%
  4. Macbook Pro

6 vote(s)
    23.1%
  5. Macbook

9 vote(s)
    34.6%
  1. I'mAMac macrumors 6502a

I'mAMac

2. gadgetgirl85 macrumors 68040

gadgetgirl85

Probably a MB or a Mac mini would suit my needs (Only surf the net/MP3s/chat/uni assignments) But I use a MBP and mac mini which is in mums room (Though I think I will get it back here eventually :D)

3. kered22 macrumors 6502

kered22

MacPro. :) Since I got my first Mac, I've always gotten a pro desktop and I don't see a need to change that. Now if Apple would just ship the X1900 systems.... LOL

Been using an 1.6Ghz Core duo Mini (which will go to my Mom when I get the Pro) which is borderline, I play a lot of games so it's not really geared for that. It can do most tasks pretty well, but when really pushed (video encoding, DVD encoding and the like) it's not powerful enough.

4. I'mAMac thread starter macrumors 6502a

I'mAMac

There is a poll...you can tell me what you need just vote too :) Either a Mac Pro or iMac would fit my needs. I just put the iMac cause that is what i'm getting now. When leopard comes out who knows, maybe i'll get a mac pro :)

5. kered22 macrumors 6502

kered22

Oops, sorry, didn't notice that the first time around. :eek: LOL Voted now. :)

BTW... do you mean an iMac Core Duo in your sig? If you have an iMac G5 with an X1600 and XP, I'd like to know how you did it. :D

6. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

Well, I have a macbook and it's great. But I voted macbook pro because then Civ IV would run correctly and more importantly I'd have the screen space I need for doing work.

Actually I'd probably rather have a macbook + imac than MBP, but that wasn't an option.

7. I'mAMac thread starter macrumors 6502a

I'mAMac

Crap...I do mean the core duo in my sig i just put G5 in the poll...DAMN.

8. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

why did you put iMac G5 in the poll and not the current iMac? Apple stopped making them when they put intel chips in the iMac.

edit: oh, you were just explaining that as I posted

9. I'mAMac thread starter macrumors 6502a

I'mAMac

Made a mistake...NEW POLL

10. Macmadant macrumors 6502a

I vote mac Pro, although i'm not a pro by any means i need a upgradable computer

11. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

I voted MacBook Pro because it's what I'm going to be getting soon. I need a fast processor for encoding video, graphics for playing games, large hard drive (going to add 160GB) for the video and portability because I bring it to school. Although right now I'm stuck on a iBook G4 14" which is far underpowered for what I do, has pretty bad graphics card so I can't do much gaming and has a smaller hard drive which is pretty full right now and the screen resolution is far from ideal for photoshop or anything else for that matter.

12. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

Since I already got a MacBook I guess that suits my needs... right...? ;)