Your next 5 purchases...

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Diatribe, Dec 8, 2005.

1. Diatribe macrumors 601

Jan 8, 2004
    Back in the motherland
    I know we had something like this before but I was interested in what everyone's next five purchases will be... not what you'd like to have but what you're pretty certain you are going to buy within the next 3 months.
    Here are mine:

1. 15" Powerbook once the line issue is gone (I figure I won't be getting an Intel Mac until Rev. B anyway so I might as well buy one now.)
    2. AKG 701 headphones
    3. LaCie d2 500GB HD
    4. Nokia N80 phone
    5. Sanyo PLV-Z4 projector (I am travelling a lot, so this will be my personal TV :D )

I might buy some Etymotic 6i in-ear headphones too but I am not sure yet.
  2. iGary Guest

May 26, 2004
    Randy's House
    1. 30GB White iPod 5G
    2. 300GB Maxtor External HDD
    3. Raptor 76GB 10,000 Scratch Drive
    4. 20-inch ACD
    5. 17-inch PB
  3. Kernow macrumors 65816

Sep 30, 2005
    1. iPod video - strictly a Christmas present from my parents, but as I get educational discount, I will be buying it
    2. Mighty Mouse - my second one for use with my pc at work. I know a lot of people hate them, but I've had no problems & really like them :p
    3. Car - not sure what type yet, but the current one is on its last legs
    4. Fish - probably some gouramis and some more mollies for our tropical tank
    5. Girlfriend's Christmas present - don't know what it will be, but it's getting scarily close to Christmas & I still have no idea what I'll get her. :eek:
  4. rdowns macrumors Penryn

Jul 11, 2003

Damn, won't your balls get cut off for this?

My next 5 purchases? Who knows, I buy what I want whewn I want it. maybe an Intel based Apple laptop since I'm opening an office on Denver for my company and will now have to travel there every few weeks.
  5. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

Jan 9, 2004
    Grand Rapids, MI, USA
    I kind of want an LCD TV at some point and either a RAZR or the next generation RAZR. But that's about it for now.
  6. Danksi macrumors 68000

Oct 3, 2005
    Nelson, BC. Canada
    .. assuming you don't mean the usual day to day stuff like food, booze, nappies etc.. :rolleyes:

1. Camera case for my Rebel XT
    2. Looking at a Hotway LAN-Drive enclosure for backups and completed media (
    3. A 300Gb drive for item number 2.

.. err dunno' beyond that, don't really 'need' anything.

4. Sell my iMac next year and put some money in for a PowerMac, but that's a bit more dream than reality/needs based :)

5. Something 4x4, as the Ford Focus Wagon's taking a beating up and down the local fireroads...
  7. stonyc macrumors 65816

Feb 15, 2005
    1. Casio S500GY 5.1MP Digital Camera for the wife.
    2. 60GB iPod Video (for me!)
    3. Intel Mac Mini (should they come out on MWSF, web server and general computer for the wife and I)
    4. Dell 2405FPW (for me!)
    5. Dual-Core AMD Gaming PC with SLI (though I may now just wait until the second half of 2006 for s940)

Those are in chronological order, though the last two might not happen until another 6 months or so.
  8. iGary Guest

May 26, 2004
    Randy's House
    The 30GB iPod is for him, and yeah, he'll try and take it back, but I won't let him.

The Raptor and Maxtor are legitimate business expenses and I'll get those thorugh OK (he does my business books).

The PB and the 20-inch display will take some coaxing. I mainly want a PB so I can go and visit my stepmum for a week or two and still be in business, go and see relatives, vacation etc and still do work. My iBook won't cut it.
  9. Diatribe thread starter macrumors 601

Jan 8, 2004
    Back in the motherland
    I was thinking something similar, then I realized that my wishlist isn't really cheaper... :eek:
  10. wordmunger macrumors 603

Sep 3, 2003
    North Carolina
    Okay, here goes. In all seriousness.

1. New toilets. Our old toilets are best described by the adjectives corresponding to the items you generally attempt to place in them.
    2. A haircut. If only I could transplant the excess from the back, to the front where I need more!
    3. Mats for the car. The old ones are worn through -- but just in that one spot where I always seem to put my foot when I'm stepping in the door.
    4. New running shorts. The old ones are worn through in the most embarrassing spot imaginable.
    5. An Airport Express for wireless tunes in the kitchen. Hey, you didn't think I'd leave Apple products entirely off the list, did you?
  11. Piarco macrumors 68030

Jun 24, 2004
    1. Samsung LE26R41BDX HD LCD TV (Monday)
    2. Samsung DVD-HD850 upscaling HDMI DVD player (Monday)
    3. Sad to say, but various gaming PC components
    4. Nokia 3250
    5. 15" Intel PowerBook (if that doesn't happen at MWSF, it'll be my xbox360 arriving in Feb)

I love my techie toys!
  12. Josh396 macrumors 65816

Oct 16, 2004
    Peoria/Chicago, IL
    I sure hope not. Just wait till after MWSF when Jobs gets his RDF going on you. Then you'll have a list of 15 products, all of them made by Apple.
  13. millar876 macrumors 6502a

May 13, 2004
    Peterhead, Scotland UK
    1. Mac mini - Combo, 80GB, 1GB, Wireless KBM
    2. DVI-Video for above
    3. 60GB iPod (Black) for me
    4. 60GB iPod (Black) for me wife
    5. Iomega maxMini ext HDD for No.1

However this is dependant on what (if anything) happens to the mini line at MWSF06. Im planing a SD-media center mac mini with the Front row hack/crack (no HD TV yet)
  14. joepunk macrumors 68030

Aug 5, 2004
    a profane existence
    1.0 - New pair of glasses
    1.1 - Gas
    2 - A P&S Digital Camera
    3 - An External HD for back-up
    4 - 1 Gig stick of ram for PB
    5 - More Art supplies
  15. rdowns macrumors Penryn

Jul 11, 2003
    With all the crazy things posted in the Marketplace lately, maybe you want to post your used loos.

At the very least, Doucy will offer to trade you for the items in his signature.
  16. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

Aug 20, 2005
    Thank you Jah...I'm so Blessed
    1. PowerMac G(whatever)
    2. 30gig Ipod G5
    3. 23inch Apple display
    4. Sony HDTV
    5. The New Jordans(shoes)

17. puckhead193 macrumors G3

May 25, 2004
    1.a new case for my 60 gig ipod (the vaja casees are tempting... but that's a lot for a case)
    2.a new form of FM transmitter for the car since my itrip won't work charger - any one use those all in one things that hold the ipod/charge it/and ahve the transmitter in them ... i think griffin makes one...
    4.a lot of video's from the ITMS when i get my ipod
    5. ilife 06 maybe
  18. atari1356 macrumors 68000

Feb 27, 2004
    1. food
    2. gas
    3. new pillow (my old one is horrible, time for an upgrade)
    4. new pair of shoes
    5. Intel PowerMac rev. B or C ?

(family is on one income for a while, and doing our best to not get in debt)
  19. electronboy macrumors 6502

Sep 27, 2005
    a bit different, but here it is:

1. house (in construction)
    2. leather sofa
    3. Dyson vacuum
    4. kitchen table
    5. Pioneer AVIC-D1 In-Dash DVD Multimedia AV Navigation Receiver
  20. wordmunger macrumors 603

Sep 3, 2003
    North Carolina
    If anyone wants my three toilets that get clogged when you put so much as a kleenex in them, they are welcome to them. I'll let you know when I've put them out on the curb after we've installed the new ones and you can come pick them up. Heck, I'll throw in a free plunger!
  21. masterapple04 macrumors regular

May 26, 2004
    Massachusetts, USA
    1) Girlfriends's Christmas gift (not sure what yet...)
    2) Xbox 360 (as soon as I can find one...)
    3) Intel Mac mini (to replace my current mini...yeah)
    4) Gas for my car
    5) Probably a night out for me and my girlfriend...
  22. ghostee macrumors 6502

Feb 25, 2004
    Villa Park, IL
    :D :D :D Best. Post. Ever.
  23. ghostee macrumors 6502

Feb 25, 2004
    Villa Park, IL
    1. A new car stereo, because my Kenwood just crapped out. Havn't decided between getting a nice one and some new speakers, or just a decent one with an aux input for my iPod.

2. iPhoto book for my g/f for our 2 year. I actually designed and ordered this last night, hoping it turns out good.

3. Something fun for myself. Been working tons of overtime lately and have adequate funds to splurge on a tech (or non-tech) toy for myself. Havn't decided exactly what, but a Intel Powerbook would be good for starters. :cool: Failing that, my cell phone is a bit long in the tooth, and the Samsung A900 is looking mighty nice. Not sure if I want to switch to Sprint though.
  24. doucy2 macrumors 65816

Jul 7, 2005
    1: Ata controler card + some big hd's

2: G4 lappy

3: some ram for my powermac 512mb pc133

4: projector of some sort

5: a new ipod