Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
This can go downhill really quick, especially if somebody is honest and on their way to the nudie bar. :eek:

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
1. Milk
2. Bread
3. Cereal
4. Strawberry Jam
5. Ricotta Cheese

Right, well, now that that's been put away in the fridge/cupboard I'll have to think what I am going to get in the next 3 months. Probably more ricotta, definitely more bread, milk and cereal. I'm waiting on Rev B of the Strawberry Jam but I really need some more pasta so I think that will outweigh the rev b SJ for a bit longer. I find my cereal tastes better with milk so I might upgrade from the 1L to the 2L container soon unless they release a 1.5L container at MilkWorld San Francisco in which case it would be perfect so long as they don't change the way the spout opens, my fridge can only hold milk with a certain spout and I'd hate to think they'd release a new container that won't work with a lot of new fridges.

My big splurge will be on some rev c King Prawns for Christmas lunch.

Oh it sucks not having any AppleMoney at the moment.

maestro55

macrumors 68030
Nov 13, 2005
Goat Farm in Meridian, TX
Yeah Yeah, I am going to do the next 5 years instead. But for a poor high school student (soon to be college student). This is realistic, and what I plan on getting within the next 3 years:

1. 15Inch PowerBook (What ever is current when I have the money.. hopefully by June 06)
2. Canon EOS-20D (Once I can afford this, then I will be investing in the lenes, and I won't have to replace the camera for a number of years if all goes well)
3. New iPod (this is AFTER the PB and DSLR, so whatever model is the best when the time comes)
4. FT-817/IC-703 (either radio, basically wanting a portable QRP amateur radio)
5. Desktop Mac (not sure what, and this is last on my list.. but I would like a new Desktop Mac. PowerMac would be nice)

So yeah.. it is something to look forward to. I am going to go to a tech school, I will be out in the next 3 years, I hope to get a good networking job and so in 5 years I am sure to have these items and more. This is just something to look forward to as far as toys that I will use often.

e²Studios

macrumors 68020
Apr 12, 2005
1. 30" ACD
2. 60GB iPod Photo
3. Whole buncha furniture stuff from Pottery Barn Kids
4. Canon 1Ds Mark II
5. Hire an attorney to handle my divorce if i keep spending this much money constantly

Ed

CanadaRAM

macrumors G5
wordmunger said:
Okay, here goes. In all seriousness.
1. New toilets. Our old toilets are best described by the adjectives
corresponding to the items you generally attempt to place in them.
That's a good thing to buy if you're feeling flush. Watch out for the cheap ones that aren't UL/CSA listed, they won't pass inspection. (You think I'm joking....)
wordmunger said:
2. A haircut. If only I could transplant the excess from the back, to the front where I need more!
2 words: Crazy glue...
wordmunger said:
3. Mats for the car. The old ones are worn through -- but just in that one spot where I always seem to put my foot when I'm stepping in the door.
Flip them upside down and swap them to the other side of the car - should get another 6 or 7 years out of them
wordmunger said:
4. New running shorts. The old ones are worn through in the most embarrassing spot imaginable.
See #3
wordmunger said:
5. An Airport Express for wireless tunes in the kitchen. Hey, you didn't think I'd leave Apple products entirely off the list, did you?
Ah OK. Now you've saved enough on #1 - 4 we'll let you have #5

w_parietti22

macrumors 68020
Apr 16, 2005
Seattle, WA
1.) 15" PowerBook (Intel or PPC, depends on how things work out)
2.) Logitech MX900
3.) Apple BT Keyboard
4.) Case for PB
5.) 256 or 512 mbs of extra Ram for pb.

Cost: about $2,100... how can 14 year old kid afford this? :eek: Right now, I can't... thats why Im asking for Apple Gift Cards for Xmas! :)

edit: And thats with education discounts :eek:

6.) MR Membership.

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
Next 5 purchases? I can't plan that far ahead :rolleyes:
But, just so that I'm contributing something, I bought System of a Down's "Hypnotise" album today. It hasn't arrived yet.

risc

macrumors 68030
Jul 23, 2004
Melbourne, Australia
1) xbox 360 - paid off just waiting on the Aussie release...

THAT IS ALL

I've recently purchased an 60GB iPod w/ video, LCD TV, HDTV STB, Progressive Scan DVD Player so that was my 5 for the year.

atari1356

macrumors 68000
Feb 27, 2004
Jon'sLightBulbs said:
5. A girlfriend

Take your time when shopping for one of those, and choose very carefully. If you choose a bad one, they can break down often and be very expensive to upkeep. ;) :D

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
atari1356 said:
Take your time when shopping for one of those, and choose very carefully. If you choose a bad one, they can break down often and be very expensive to upkeep. ;) :D

I've taken the liberty of correcting your post.

Take your time when shopping for one of those, and choose very carefully. If you choose a bad one, they will break down often and be very expensive to upkeep.

kjr39

macrumors 6502
Nov 26, 2004
1. A Nano
2. Some clothing
3. A Cadillac CTS-V
4. 50mm f/1.4 lens
5. 85mm f/1.8 lens

Aarow

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2005
1. An LCD monitor (well, I probably won't buy it, might get one for christmas)
2. Whatever router/gear it takes to get my computer in my room.
3. A SoBe
4. An iPod (A kid can wish, can't he?)
5. A new chair ( Of the spinny variety, the one I'm using now doesn't have a back)

Jovian9

macrumors 68000
Feb 19, 2003
Planet Zebes
1. Verizon RAZR - (I no longer need my Treo since my wife and I have moved and I do not have my job that required me to need it)
2. House - as soon as my wife and I figure out which city to settle in ( Albuquerque, Tucson, Phoenix, Santa Fe, NYC)
3. Car - (we sold one car when we started touring the country to figure out where to live so we'll need another when we settle down)
4. Xbox 360 - (for my nephews if I can ever find one....I've only went to/called Wal-Mart/Best Buy/Target/Circuit City/CompUSA a half-million times)
5. Wireless router for cable internet once we find a house to buy.

ghostee

macrumors 6502
Feb 25, 2004
Villa Park, IL
Jovian9 said:
14. Xbox 360 - (for my nephews if I can ever find one....I've only went to/called Wal-Mart/Best Buy/Target/Circuit City/CompUSA a half-million times)

The rumor is that Best Buy is holding theirs until the 18th, so you have a chance of getting one then. Also, the local BB here has a sign up saying "Come in on the 22th for your 360".

Deefuzz

macrumors 6502a
Jan 27, 2004
St. Louis, MO
well not my next 5 BIG purchases. But since I will go out to do some shopping today, both for me and for Christmas, I do have somewhat of a gameplan for next 5 immediate purchases:

1. Cardinal Tickets
2. iPod Nano Dock
3. Newspaper, magazines, and maybe some books (on my weekly Borders run)
4. A flannel or sweater of some kind (maybe more if at a decent price)
5. Christmas crap (cards to send out, and possibly a small table sized artificial tree to bring some festivity to my tiny apartment)

Giaguara

macrumors 6502a
Nov 22, 2002
1. 15" powerbook
2. something for my guy as xmas gift
3. xmas stuff (food, decorations etc)
4. wedding stuff (shoes, flights, etc)
5. some gifts for friends for xmas

Jovian9

macrumors 68000
Feb 19, 2003
Planet Zebes
ghostee said:
The rumor is that Best Buy is holding theirs until the 18th, so you have a chance of getting one then. Also, the local BB here has a sign up saying "Come in on the 22th for your 360".

Thanks for the info.

bursty

macrumors 65816
Jan 31, 2004
1) Plane ticket to Colorado
2) Week long lift ticket
3) Advil
4) Alcohol
5) Plant ticket back to St Louis

I cant wait til finals are over. :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.