Your opinion on Brabus cars

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by mfacey, Feb 20, 2006.

?

To Brabus or not to Brabus..

1. Awesome machine, more power is better

2 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. Tire consuming idiocy, why bother?

3 vote(s)
    60.0%
  1. mfacey macrumors 65816

mfacey

2. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

For most people there's not a lot of point in anything more than a 1.8L diesel saloon, but that doesn't change the fact that most people want more.

3. mfacey thread starter macrumors 65816

mfacey

I'm a car fanatic at all costs, but I'm not a fan of Brabus cars.
    You'll probably remember the Mercedes CL65 AMG tug of war on Top Gear. Its sad when you have so much power, but it's impossible to put on the ground. In the end the car loses from 8 guys! That's just a bit sad really.

For that kind of money I'd rather buy a proper luxury car like a Phantom and a proper supercar!

4. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Depends where you live and how you use your car. I do a lot of country driving and often carry quite a bit of wine with me so I need a touch of torque. :cool:

5. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

For the price of one Brabus-tuned S-class you could be a more typical twit and buy 911 Turbo for speed, a Bentley Arnage or A/S8 for torquey luxury, and a small house in the country with a 2 car garage to hold both.

Or you could be really ****ing cool and buy a Caterham CSR260 for nutsquishing speed and handling, a DB9 for when you need to get laid and a classic Merc or Roller (one of the ones built to a standard and not a price) for when you need to haul more than 2 1/2 people around in sultanic luxury. And you could still buy that house.

Mercedes quality is crap; the S-class is a bore and anyone who buys this is a twit. A big gauche boring unimaginative twit. And a spendthrift twit to boot. I can say that because no one here will ever be able to afford one (except you of course, Mr. Jobs, but you know better).