Your perfect laptop setup (accessories, etc.)

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by onlydroops, Sep 22, 2003.

1. onlydroops macrumors member

I'm a bit of an accessories geek and I'm planning what's going to go with my 15" PB when I get it. I'm thinking of things like cases, screen protecctors, stands, displays, etc...

I'd like to know what all your favorite laptop accessories/necessities are.

Here's what I want:

Tom Bihn Eclipse Case
    Targus Travel CoolPad
    Radtech Wildeepz Silicon Screen Protector
    Samsung 191T Display
    Bluetooth Optical 2-button mouse with scroll-wheel (still searching for this)

What you put together?

2. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

Things I have
    Monsoon PM-9 speaker set.
    Ext. Firewire Drive
    Samsung ML1710 printer
    M$ trackball optical
    Podmium Coolpad
    Ext. CRt i dont' use much
    Spire Backpack and Laptop Case

things that wold be sweet
    Apple BT Keyboard
    LCD
    DLP projector
    Scanner ...i wouldn't use it much tho

3. lmalave macrumors 68000

lmalave

I have the Blurr vertically-oriented over-the-shoulder notebook bag, it's freakin' sweet. I can be much more aerodynamic when weaving through pedestrian traffic in the sidewalks of Manhattan.

Besides that the only other laptop-specific accessory I have is a glare hood that I got for my iBook so I could use it in the park.

I have a great 17" LCD screen but don't use it for anything except to watch TV (it's got a built-in TV tuner). I have a wireless Keyboard and mouse which I also don't ever use (not Bluetooth, though - I have to hook up the infrared receive via USB)

You could say my 30GB iPod doubles as a handy external FireWire drive for my iBook, which itself only has a 30GB drive.

Oooh, I just remembered I have the Keyspan Digital Wireless remote, which is pretty slick for controlling iTunes or the DVD Player remotely. I'm sure a Bluetooth remote is in the works (then again some Bluetooth phones can already act as remotes).

4. rhpenguin macrumors 6502a

rhpenguin

Ive got the Logitech Elite Duo keyboard and mouse, Logitech Z560 speakers, 21" Sony Trinitron CRT, f/w external superdrive and 120GB HDD.

Contemplating a scanner.

5. onlydroops thread starter macrumors member

Are there any good Bluetooth KB+Optical Mouse combos out there?

6. Daveman Deluxe macrumors 68000

Daveman Deluxe

My dream setup:

-PB12" 1 GHz with bluetooth and AirPort Extreme
    -Apple Bluetooth keyboard
    -Wireless two-button mouse
    -Wireless speakers
    -Wireless power supply using quantum dot technology
    -Sleeve to protect laptop from scratches

7. nickfit macrumors member

Along these lines, do you need a screen protector for the new powerbooks. I have a Pismo and am replacing it with the new 15. I waited a bit too long before getting a screen protector for my Pismo, and now there are light marks from the keyboard. I have red here that the 12 and 17 PB's did not need a screen protector, since there was enough room between the screen and keyboard when it was closed, as well as the screen being much stiffer. But, I want to make sure. I have seen screen protectors advertised for the 12 and 17, but I am not sure if they are simply taking advantage of the need for them for other models.

8. joeyjojoe macrumors regular

is the screen protector really necessary? does the screen get scratched up if you don't use it?

9. Lord Bodak macrumors 6502

I don't have my 12" PB yet (estimated ship 9/25), but here's what I've got so far:

Brenthaven Pro 12 Shoulder Case
    iSight
    Airport Extreme Base
    Belkin surge suppressor (exciting isn't it? But a simple one-outlet suppressor is a good thing to have around for a laptop)
    eyeTV
    Kensington PocketMouse Pro

I'd rather have a two-button Bluetooth mouse with a scroll wheel and an on/off switch, but no one seems to want to make one for me!

10. vollspacken macrumors 65816

vollspacken

MY perfect setup (as I said, "MY..."):

- tiBook 1Ghz w. Superdrive
    - OWC leather screen protector
    - Airport Extreme base station (hehe, wireless printing)
    - Digigram vxPocket 440 PCMCIA soundcard that goes into a Gemini 3channel mixer
    - Microsoft Optical mouse Blue
    - Incase laptop sleeve

I want to buy:
    - Midiman Oxygen 8 USB midi-interface/keyboard/controller box to trigger loops and control the filter on Traktor

vSpacken