your plans for the weekend?

Discussion in 'Community' started by mgargan1, Mar 12, 2004.

1. mgargan1 macrumors 65816

mgargan1

As many college students, and myself included, head of into a lazy stupor of what we call Spring Break... is there anyone out there that has spring break this week... or any other cool plans? As for myself, i have to work... but that's retail for you.

2. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Gonna sit back and watch LOTR:ROTK on DVD :eek: ;) :D (shhhhhhhhhhh! Don't tell anyone!)

I havn't seen it yet, been looking forward to it, now I can see what all the fuss is about.

No spring break for me...back to work Monday :rolleyes:

3. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

i get to go back to classes after this weekend because i have been on spring break for the past week....so this weekend i will be procrastinating some more and trying to finish up on all my reading and papers that i didnt do over the break...ahhh college life....

4. job macrumors 68040

job

I'm on Spring Break right now. I've got a training class for my job this Saturday, so that puts a bit of dampen on my weekend, but I'm planning a lot of Ultimate Frisbee.

5. wordmunger macrumors 603

wordmunger

It's not *my* spring break, but my kids are on break. They'll be heading out of town to stay with grandparents, so the wife and I will have the house to ourselves. We're planning on visiting the new Charlotte Apple store, watching Schindler's List on DVD, doing some yard work, and probably getting some actual work work done as well.

6. parrothead macrumors 6502a

parrothead

I will be going to the Sea Life Park (as seen in 50 first dates). I also will be having a barbeque on the beach and may do a little snorkeling. Life in Hawaii is so hard. Sigh. :D

7. iGav macrumors G3

No F1 this week, so nothing glam... I'm trawling through and backing up 140GB of work that I need, and deleting the stuff that can go... ready for a big 2 x HD erase, and installing all my new software that has been arriving this week... :D

Director MX 2004
    Illustrator CS
    Indesign CS
    Combustion 3
    Shake 3
    After Effects 6

Woo! :)

8. themadchemist macrumors 68030

themadchemist

9. themadchemist macrumors 68030

themadchemist

the charlotte apple store is open?! SWEET! Why don't my parents ever tell me useful things like this? Well, now I have something to do when I had back home for spring break.

10. wordmunger macrumors 603

wordmunger

Yep--as of 10 a.m. this morning!

11. tpjunkie macrumors 65816

tpjunkie

Lets see....I have finals next week, so I'm not even drinking...much... :eek: But then my spring break will begin at exactly 3 PM EST on thursday, and I'll be home by like, 6 and then over a week of chillaxin', as no one has break with us except for other colleges on quarters/trimesters

12. Daveman Deluxe macrumors 68000

Daveman Deluxe

Next week is finals week for me. Most of my finals are performances though... I'll be brushing up for my piano jury on Monday and my voice jury on Wednesday mostly. I'll skim my stuff for my microeconomics final, but won't really dig into it until Wednesday because that final is on Friday.

Hopefully I'll get to hang out with one of my friends that's coming back from home on Sunday, but she'll probably be working hard on her piano jury stuff. We'll see how that goes.

13. themadchemist macrumors 68030

themadchemist

Finally! It's been so long...

14. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

going to be kickin it in cozumel with my senior friends, leaving sunday and it will be great.

iJon

15. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

Going skiing (For the second time in 2 months :p).

I'm really excited, 5 days of skiing! I love skiing, I've gone skiing about 10 times in the 13 years I've been skiing.

I'm also looking forward to this trip, because it will get me into shape, so I'll perform better in wushu when I come back.

Plus I miss the Monday that I'm supposed to come back to school :).

scem0

16. 3rdpath macrumors 68000

3rdpath

2nd star on the right and straight till morning
    heading to the beach tomorrow to meet up with some old college buddies...

if you see three old dudes on beach cruisers wrecklessly weaving around balboa island..one of 'ems me. :D the last time we got together we polished off some patron and ended up riding harley's thru my buddy's house...man, his wife was pissed. so now we just ride bicycles... :)

17. isus macrumors regular

i have to work :-\

and it's not even spring break yet (here). that's next next week i think (for the college), but i have no idea when the hs has spring break. it sucks to do dual enrollment sometimes :p

i do get a day or 2 off though, because i am going to nyc to play with my high school band in the st. patrick's day parade :D

18. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

19. AngryLawnGnome macrumors regular

Cutting up carrots and trying to see what animal responds the best to cold vs. warm carrots. It's not a school-related project, it's just for fun.

20. wrc fan macrumors 65816

wrc fan

In a world where LPs are made like pancakes
    For some odd reason, i think that's really cool. Though I think my dogs will eat it regardless of if it's cold, warm, moldy, or plastic.

21. AngryLawnGnome macrumors regular

When I think about it, I think more about angels and video games.

22. Roger1 macrumors 65816

Roger1

It's from the mold. It makes you see things.

23. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Restful weekend with my wife, the last weekend of her vacation. Attend church tomorrow.

24. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

Tomorrow I'll be here:

[​IMG]

That's one of the gardens at the Huntington Library in San Marino, CA (near Pasadena). They have an art museum, currently with an exhibition on design, plus many gardens to wander in.

25. pepeleuepe macrumors 6502

I'm going up to San Francisco to check it out. Never been there before and found a ticket for $60 (would drive, but thats not an option right now). Haven't ever been to the bay area before so I'm probably just going to do normal touristy stuff with my friend. If anyone has any other suggestions of stuff to do, let me know.