Your Senator Needs an iPod

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by MacBytes, Feb 1, 2006.

1. MacBytes macrumors bot

Jul 5, 2003

Category: News and Press Releases
    Link: Your Senator Needs an iPod
    Description:: Senator Stevens, the 82-year old committee chairman from Alaska, surprised the audience by announcing that his daughter had bought him an iPod, and suddenly Stevens had a much greater understanding of the many ways innovative technology can create choice for consumers. Content industry representatives at the hearing found themselves answering much tougher questions than they typically receive.

Posted on
    Approved by Mudbug

mod note - please note that this thread has been moved to the political section of our forums, where a minimum of 100 posts on other parts of our boards are required before you are able to make posts of your own.
  2. nagromme macrumors G5

May 2, 2002
    I'll ask what everyone's thinking. What's with the Samurai wearing an iPod?
  3. t^3 macrumors regular

Oct 17, 2001
    What samurai? That's the Capitol building. Anyways, what if a Senator already has an iPod?
  4. macFanDave macrumors 6502a

Apr 14, 2003
    My senator's going to need a job. . .

come next January! We're gonna get you, Kay Bailey! And don't get too comfortable, Sen. Cornyn, your days are numbered. (Sure, that number is a little over a thousand, but it will come!)
  5. emmawu macrumors 6502

Jan 19, 2005
    Wauwatosa, WI
  6. mduser63 macrumors 68040

Nov 9, 2004
    Salt Lake City, UT
    I think it's an interesting idea. It's a good way to give senators an idea of why the people they represent have the opinions that they do. They've probably mostly heard from broadcast/media industry lobbyists trying to convince them that more restrictions on what people can do with their media are necessary.
  7. puckhead193 macrumors G3

May 25, 2004
    i'm sure i'll get some negitive feedback about this but whatever...
    I too would have an ipod, need something to drain out bush :D ;)
  8. macFanDave macrumors 6502a

Apr 14, 2003
    What? And miss gems like his call to ban human-animal hybrid cloning? The centaurs and satyrs are weeping, and Batman is furious!
  9. Yvan256 macrumors 601

Jul 5, 2004
    Yeah! How are we gonna get our cat-girls now? ;)
  10. solvs macrumors 603

Jun 25, 2002
    LaLaLand, CA
    Well Bush already has an iPod, and it isn't helping him any.

Yeah, what was with that whole "human-animal hybrid" thing? Too many bad scifi movies me thinks. I'd love to see some splicing. As long as it's safe. I'm thinking maybe the government already knows how to do it and the results have been disastrous. :eek:
  11. shamino macrumors 68040

Jan 7, 2004
    Purcellville, VA
    Believe it or not, there are research facilities that are already doing this.

We're quite a long way from someone breeding a line of wolf-men or something, but do you really want to wait for that before beginning the public policy debate?
  12. solvs macrumors 603

Jun 25, 2002
    LaLaLand, CA
    I know all about it. They are also growing human ears and brain tissue in mice. Just a weird thing to say. Another distraction for the religious? Raise the whole "playing God" thing and attempt to link it to science and stem cell research, which is of course against God and just like abortion.

Is it me, or has he become predictable?