Your Student Government

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by donga, Feb 8, 2006.

1. donga macrumors 6502a

May 16, 2005
    I'm currently in ASUA (Associated Students of the University of Arizona) and have heard that we are one of the stronger stu.govs in the nation. I was just wondering if this was true and how your governments stack up (past or present).

We've got an operating budget of about $1 million, we have 5 full time staff, operate SafeRide, have tons of programs and services, operate Spring Fling (the largest student run carnival in the nation), provide free legal advice, bring national speakers, bring concerts, and etc... We also give out $90,000 to clubs and organizations to put on events or go to conferences.

How does yours stack up? (Also, how are you student leaders elected? The campaign here just started today and goes for a month.)
  2. cycocelica macrumors 68000

Apr 28, 2005
    Redmond, WA
    I don't know the whole budget thing but I know that they do a lot for our school. They have pushed for a new central building on campus and a new Stadium. The prez and VP are both really good guys and care a lot about our school. They bring in a lot of speakers and always sponsor concerts on the weekends. I am impressed with them, they do a good job.

I got to Washington State University by the way.
  3. AvSRoCkCO1067 macrumors 65816

Sep 6, 2005
    I'm the Student Body President....

....but for Heritage High School in CO only....

....I'm considering Student Government in college, although I'm not sure if I'll do it yet (next year!)