You're banned. Why come back?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by pseudobrit, Sep 20, 2004.

1. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

Jul 23, 2002
    Jobs' Spare Liver Jar
    To the few and shameless:

You got banned for a reason. The reason didn't go away. People are probably glad you're gone. Why the hell do you keep coming back? You're unwelcome.

Why persist in proving to the forum that you're a loser?
  2. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

Dec 25, 2003
    Northern Virginia
    maybe it is because it is one of the easiest to join. Also it it is the most "liberal" forums I have found. At the same point it is one of the few forums that I have seen that allows for "reasoned" debate on a varied amount of topics.
  3. makisushi macrumors 6502

Jul 15, 2004
    Northern VA
    As long as there are bulletin boards, there will be trolls.

I think that Howard Stern's bulletin board is the most liberal board I participate in. Basically anything goes...
  4. Phat_Pat macrumors 68000

May 8, 2004
    I Live Where I Live
    well have u seen howard stern? :rolleyes:
  5. jefhatfield Retired

Jul 9, 2000
    ...but, but...they talk to me nicely ;)

i have been appointed the lord confessor here for banned members, i guess...he he...since i am the oldest active member (besides kainjow who was here in mr's first month) and they write me for some reason since, deep down, i am a rebel to any authority and i guess it shows, even with my best effort to follow rules people know i keep changed members who have been banned confidential...i used to work medical records so i know all about confidentially ;)

compared to the earliest days here (first year and a half), the people who got banned then were way, way worse than the ones who get banned these days

so the banned ones coming back who have been recently banned are not like the oldtimer trolls who were a terror...some of who are back here but in much more polite form ;)

people can disguise their ip and location, and in my phd studies on the subject of networking/computer engineering, i tell you even a kid can learn how to do that, and hack/crack, but there is something out there called ethics but many young people don't believe in that...oh well

i wish computer ethics were taught in k-12 as soon as kids were taught how to use a order to be cool, kids share with each other different cons and scams that can be done with a computer...i guess it's like when i was a kid and we all played with fire....we had fun but didn't fully understand the implications...of course when i was a kid, fireworks, and much bigger ones, were legal and every city had almost no limitations on their use
  6. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

Mar 25, 2002
    London, England
    Where did this little outburst come from? :confused:
  7. jefhatfield Retired

Jul 9, 2000
    maybe slyhunter/flextron is back ;)