Yourmusic.com

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by furryrabidbunny, Jan 26, 2006.

1. furryrabidbunny macrumors 6502

furryrabidbunny

http://www.yourmusic.com Has anyone ever used this service? I dont buy a lot of mainstream music (mostly cost), but I've found a few on here I want and you can't argue with the price. Are there any other services out there that are like this?

2. Cfg5 macrumors regular

I use it, it works great. Just make sure, when you buy something, get the 7 dollar shipping because the free shipping is slow as ****.

3. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

I'm a subscriber. Primarily using it to fill some of the gaps in my collection that I have on vinyl/casette but not on CD.

Haven't experienced the shipping delays cfg5 has, I usually get my monthly selection within 5 business days of the ship data and placed an order for 8 CDs around xmas and had the same ship time.

B

4. furryrabidbunny thread starter macrumors 6502

furryrabidbunny

I am thinking about doing it (probably will). There seems to be enough CDs on there that I want but dont want to spend 15 bucks on. Might finally get the new gorillaz CD Demon Days and start with that one.

5. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

Don't forget that you need to have something in your queue every month or they'll charge you without shipping a CD. Easiest thing to do is pick a bunch of CDs you wouldn't mind getting up front and putting them in your queue. You can then delete or push them down in the order if you want something else instead.

B

6. furryrabidbunny thread starter macrumors 6502

furryrabidbunny

Something i forgot to ask is what service do they use to ship, UPS, USPS, Fed-Ex (crosses fingers for USPS)?

7. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

You're in luck. USPS Media Mail.

B

8. Zman5225 macrumors 6502a

i've been using this service for a while now, and i'm very happy with it. Sure they don't have the newest stuff out there, but for 5.99 shipped I can wait. I use it to fill in titles here and there that i've wanted for a while but am not going to pay 9.99+ for. Just remember to always keep your que filled with stuff or they will still charge you like a previous poster said. Another good thing is if you want some cd's, and don't want to wait for your monthly que to ship, you can add them to your cart. All cd's there are 5.99 doubles are 11.98 etc...and shipping and handling are still free so 5.99 for anything.

Good deal for me

Z