YouSendIt type options with MobileMe

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by peta, May 8, 2009.

1. peta macrumors newbie

May 8, 2009
    Hey guys, I've been a longtime user of YouSendIt, which for me is a must have. I'm in video, and the ability to exchange large files quickly is fantastic. I recently signed up for MobileMe, hoping it could do this and more, but have been a little dissapointed. It seems to really focus on the "more" part, which, of course, is its primary modus operandi - the whole syncing thing.

My question then is, why is iDisk so weak? I'm mostly talking about two features, are these upgraded after my trial period? Can I pay to get these:

First, the ability to upload files from the desktop. Does MobileMe have any way to upload files without logging into the web application? i.e. a control click, desktop plug-in? Anyone know of any? Are there any for PCs?

Second, what's with the 1 gb file size limit? Is there a way to upgrade this?

I want to see more work done with the "Share File" command. If iDisk was stronger, I would be totally sold, and not mind the price AT ALL.

Thanks everyone.