Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

marty1990

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 25, 2011
England
Dunno if there's a thread, but I think I'm right in thinking that ATV now uses iOS, and is currently on the latest version, right?

So, presumably, when iOS 6 is released, ATV will get an update... so wouldn't that mean that the YouTube app would be removed, thus stopping ATV from being able to access YT, since it doesn't have a built in browser?

chenks

macrumors 65816
Oct 23, 2007
UK
Dunno if there's a thread, but I think I'm right in thinking that ATV now uses iOS, and is currently on the latest version, right?

So, presumably, when iOS 6 is released, ATV will get an update... so wouldn't that mean that the YouTube app would be removed, thus stopping ATV from being able to access YT, since it doesn't have a built in browser?

no, you are incorrectly assuming that the iOS that iPhone uses is identical to the iOS the AppleTV uses.

mykelala01

macrumors 6502
May 17, 2009
I have the same question too. Apple said that Google did not renew their contract with Youtube. Because it does not display adds. And ATV youtube apps does not display adds either. So Google are creating a Youtube apps on the appstore. But ATV does not have a apps store.:confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.