Youtube/Flash video pause issue?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by DRPTHPHN, Sep 6, 2011.

1. DRPTHPHN macrumors member

Mar 4, 2011

Everytime I pause a video on youtube and other flash videos (I think), When I click play to resume it doesn't play and i have to click the video time slider to resume the video. This is incredibly annoying. Anyone else get this problem?
  2. DESNOS macrumors 6502

Aug 24, 2011
    Video playback in general gets a little cranky every now and then in both HTML5 and flash. Can't say I know why though, but I have experienced the issue. It isn't quality for me. I have an Nvidia 9400m, which is capable of 1080p playback (barely).
  3. echo.park macrumors regular

Aug 4, 2011
    Same thing. This has nothing to do with your hardware. The point is that flash simply sucks. Use HTML5 whenever possible. There's a beta test on Youtube as well.
  4. Kuray macrumors regular

Jul 24, 2010
  5. killerrobot macrumors 68020

Jun 7, 2007
    +1. I've never had any problems with it using Flash (Hulu for example) but it happens all the time on youtube. So I'm guessing there has to be some buffering problems once a video is paused in HTML5.
  6. echo.park macrumors regular

Aug 4, 2011
    HTML5 works fine for me. Only Flash does have the issue on my machine.
  7. lynnmutt macrumors newbie

Nov 18, 2010
    Pages tutorial choppy/youtube video buffering

I have a new 27" iMac, and I am a iMac newbie. When I try to watch the Pages tutorial, it is choppy (similar to a buffering issue on YouTube). And when I watch YouTube videos, the buffering is constant. Any help?
  8. Ddyracer macrumors 68000

Nov 24, 2009

i get this all the time. if i puase the vid, come back 5 mins later, i have to move the slider to play. very annoying.