YouTube -- Slow Slow Slow

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by bobber205, Feb 21, 2007.

1. bobber205 macrumors 68020

bobber205

Am I the only one?

With my 7 meg down connection at home, youtube still sometimes barely responds to new page requests.

And the posting of my new videos takes hours. Sometimes up to a whole day.

To boot, some videos I added a couple days ago still aren't getting hits. I tried seaching my name (bobber205) and they still don't come up...

Lol. :rolleyes:

2. kitki83 macrumors 6502a

Sad to tell you this but Youtube is being ruined, slow servers and soon commercials before you see the video.

3. Osarkon macrumors 68020

Osarkon

It's not slow loading the page, but loading the video, hell yes. It doesn't keep up, I have to pause it and let it load up for a minute or two before being able to watch it. Nuisance, didn't used to be like that.

4. bobber205 thread starter macrumors 68020

bobber205

Noooes! :mad:

Well crap. Anybody know of a popular video site for anime related videos?

5. halfprep455 macrumors regular

halfprep455

It seems like ever sience Google bought Youtube its been going really slow. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if they started showing ads bofore each video. Its really sad it has to be like this.

6. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Thats the only way Google can make its money back since they grossly over paid for YouTube in the first place.:rolleyes:

7. halfprep455 macrumors regular

halfprep455

I think You Tube would be better off not being owned by a corperation. Google is just going to use it to sell ad space and try to make all the money they can off of it. I miss the old You Tube.

8. fivetoadsloth macrumors 65816

fivetoadsloth

I do as well. The waiting forevr for anything to upload, or to watch anything is getting annoying. :rolleyes:

9. txsteve macrumors newbie

[Solved] YouTube -- Slow Slow Slow

I just repaired my permissions in Disk Utility, noticed a bunch of fixes for adobe flash player... now it seems to be streaming at least twice as fast as it plays in HQ... Worked for me... lemme know if it works for you.

-Steve
    vagrantindustries.com

10. jason221 macrumors 6502

Ah, yes, the pre-Google days, when videos looked about as good as a video uploaded from a phone from 2005 and watched using an EDGE connection.

Say what you will about corporate YouTube, but HD does look very nice.

11. StruckANerve macrumors 6502

I was having this problem a while ago and my solution was to switch to Open DNS. www.opendns.com