Youtube to Itunes?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Sweener88, Sep 17, 2006.

1. Sweener88 macrumors 6502

Sweener88

Whats the best way (ahem-Free way lol) to get youtube videos to itunes?

2. ljump12 macrumors 6502

not really possible -- techincally you could use a screen cap program... but...

3. macOSX-tastic macrumors 6502a

macOSX-tastic

keepvid works well.....you need to download something called isquint and convert the file from a .flv to ipod / tv format. then use itunes to import away!

keepvid

iSquint

hope that helps

S

4. EGT macrumors 68000

EGT

Tubesock. Costs $15 though. Works very well. Little slow, but does the job. Bit like myself. :p

5. sierra oscar macrumors 6502

I use PodTube - it's free and has been error free for me

http://homepage.mac.com/djodjodesign/index2.html

I discovered that Podtube created a directory folder within iTunes - which was handy - but I moved them into the 'movies' pre-designated folder (after the last iTunes update) - so I could utilise the preview and artwork features.

6. Sam Cropper macrumors newbie

YouTube to iTunes

I use TubeTV (free) then put it into garageband, delete the video track, 'Share' with iTunes then just change info... a little long winded but hey, it works!

7. i.shaun macrumors 6502a

i.shaun

wow, so many responses. I download the video, using Safari, then convert it fo r iTunes.

This can be done the free way, or the roughly $20 way.

Free way: Download iSquint, drag and drop it, select "Add to iTunes", and hit convert.

or

Download Visual hub, pay for it, and use that. It does what iSquint does, and also has a lot more features that are often called upon by me or whoever else uses the program regularly.

8. noodle654 macrumors 68020

noodle654

Make sure your video is fully loaded. Then download the program iSquint. Then on the youtube page, go to the tab Window then select Activity. From there find the largest file possible, usually a few MB. Double click and it will be downloaded as "get_vid." It will be in your downloads folder. Open up iSquint and drag the "get_vid" to iSquint and start the conversion.

9. i.shaun macrumors 6502a

i.shaun

It doesn't have to be fully loaded. the loading you see is the buffering for the video player on the site. Double clicking the link in the Activity window opens a new window with a direct link to the video -- which then begins to download from the beginning regardless of how far along the youtube player has loaded.

10. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

I use Tooble, as it can interface with my account so I can see my favorites.

TEG

11. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Tooble.