Youtubers - the new plant life

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Sdashiki, Feb 16, 2007.

1. Sdashiki macrumors 68040

Aug 11, 2005
    Behind the lens

So I have this burning question, it burns so much.

And here it is, why do people feel the need to create YouTube videos in response/reply to another video?

They have a comment section, granted its always filled with moronic spam and trolls, so why feel the need to comment with video and not text?

Google has infinite bandwith, but I hate that it is to be filled with useless vids that NO one has any intention of ever watching.

the ubiquitous webcam has given far too many people a voice (video) that should never have been heard in the first place.

If I watch a good vid on YouTube, over to the side is about 30+ vids with the name of the vid and "Re:" added to it. Everytime its someone in a badly lit room staring at their webcam lambasting or espousing the quality of the vid, the director or the subject matter.

While on this subject, I also would like to bring up the "Video Diary" stuff....honestly, are you that conceited? From the amount of vids that fit this category, Id say the internet has a HUGE friggen ego.

There has to be at least 10,000 Valentine videos of someone speaking to nobody about why its a crappy holiday, why their loved one isnt there, or blah blah.

I like YouTube, you can find almost anything video wise. Some real gems that wouldnt have ever seen the light of day again. The problem lies in all the extra crap; searches become bogged down with scores and scores of peoples replies and diaries about absolutely nothing.

Lets not even get started on the multiple versions of every video, which leave you to hopefully choose the one with the least racist/spam comments.

Id rant alot more, but Im sure you are bored already.

2. pknz macrumors 68020

Mar 22, 2005
    I think it may be along the lines of "because they can."

Its basically the same for all those MySpaces and blogs that no one reads, but it gives the author a sense of publishing something to the world. A moment of fame?
  3. Apemanblues macrumors regular

Jan 30, 2007