You've been spending too much time on Macrumors when...

Discussion in 'Community' started by mcrain, May 22, 2002.

1. macrumors 68000

mcrain

I went home and was telling my wife about this fascinating discussion I was having with someone named BTTM, and then Mac15 jumped in... etc... she thought I was nuts. She looked at me, and said, these aren't real people are they?

LOL, I've been on here so much that posting is more like conversations in a group of friends rather than a computer board!

Any other warning signs I should be looking for?

2. Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Re: You've been spending too much time on Macrumors when...

When you get over 2000 posts!

I've told my wife about this board, but she doesn't really get the fascination, oh well. I did show her B2TM's 'tar and also mention Mrs. B2TM, that went over well, all she could say was 'Geeks'

Guilty:D

3. Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

Re: You've been spending too much time on Macrumors when...

I tried explaining the whole "Save Eyelikeart" campaign to my friends...

click here to view it...

ha ha ha!!! :D :p :D

4. macrumors 68000

Ensign Paris

Re: Re: You've been spending too much time on Macrumors when...

Yeah, that was fun :)

You no when u spend too much time on MacRumors when u go to the toilet in the night and on your way back you check MacRumors, Ok, maybe I have done this in the past. Normally I check my E-mail when I get up but not normally.

Ensign

5. macrumors 68030

britboy

You know you've spent too much time on macrumors when you read your handle as though it were your real name!

6. Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

Re: Re: Re: You've been spending too much time on Macrumors when...

sadly enough....I keep the site up even while I'm working out at home...checking back and forth between sets... :rolleyes:

7. macrumors 68000

Ensign Paris

Ok, I had a few seconds to spare, I created this one but never posted it:

Attached Files:

8. Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

ha ha ha....that's a good one... ;)

9. macrumors 6502a

kishba

you know when *I* have been spending too much time on macrumors when i spend time during my visual basic class (pc lab) reading macrumors... my friends are so annoyed by my habit that they have now started reading the site too... just to know what's going on in my life (i'm always engrossed in Apple, and especially macrumors)

i suppose that's not a good thing, but it does make class time go by quickly

now if only i could do my visual basic programs on my powerbook.... (i'm getting somewhat behind in class now... all thanks to my addiction)

10. macrumors 68030

teabgs

When you reply to a thread such as this!:p When you arent able to check macrumors except for the quick look over because you're visiting your girlfriend's house for a week and cant spend 2 hours a day on macrumors and you look at all the threads that you missed out on posting in as if you'd missed a big event!

Oh well...but I'm back now, and I won't be able to see my GF for 7 weeks! I guess I'll be on here quite a lot in the weeks to come to ease my pain...

11. macrumors 6502a

kishba

i know *EXACTLY* what you mean... i was in chicago for a whole week for a school competition and i was devastated by my lack of macrumors... i came back and the whole world had changed... eye had broken up with his gf and apple showed off the xserve...

time flies when you're on macrumors... maybe that's why i'm actually posting again... all of my school activities are over with and i'm bored as all get out :)

12. Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

my ex-girlfriend used to get mad at me for posting while I was at her house...he he he :D

but hey! she was in the tub...or blowdrying hair...or something...what else was I to do?! ;)

13. macrumors 65816

cleo

Today I started telling my housemate about Duke's popcorn recipe, but I realized that if I said, "This guy on Macrumors..." one more time I would get slapped. So I made him into a FoodTV chef: "This guy on FoodTV was talking about popcorn..." :D

14. macrumors 65816

peterjhill

Mac Rumors is now my first shortcut bar link, and about the only place I go to on the net for pleasure. :)

About the VB programming that someone metioned, just get virtual pc for your powerbook, or better yet, ask them why they aren't teaching with a more crossplatform language. At Carnegie Mellon, where I work, and a damn good Computer Science institution, they pretty much use Java across the board for their computer language basics. Of course in the upper level classes, they have you write your own compilers and OS's. Personally, I think that Perl is a damn good language to learn. Extremely useful.

anyway, Internet = Mac.rumors right?

15. macrumors 68030

britboy

ha ha ha ha ha!!! I sometimes feel sorry for our non-geek partners :D

16. macrumors 6502a

kishba

hehe i'm in high school and the course is called "visual basic" so i'm kinda stuck with the language... i would love to use vpc but i don't have very much harddrive space in my powerbook g3 (it has a tiny 6 gig hard drive) for another os

luckily my class is almost over... i can't stand working on those crappy peecees for too long :)

17. Retired

jefhatfield

that is so true

jef and hatfield are cartoon characters of mine

18. Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

he he he....I didn't realize my life outside of macrumors was of any importance...but glad to know my thread of love lost was considered something valid... :D ;) :p

19. macrumors 68030

teabgs

Luckily my GF is pretty great in this dept. (as well as many others). She kinda gets a kick out of my geekness. :D

I would check email/macrumors every morning when she would shower and I would drink coffee. It worked out great because I'm a horrible beast in the morning until I have my coffee, so I got what I wanted and she didnt have to deal with the morning monster!:eek:

She lives in Palo Alto so I made her goto the Palo Alto Apple Store (which is 3 minutes walking distance from her) a few times. She's so close to buying an iBook...if they had DVD-r's in them she'd buy right now....:rolleyes: Oh well, at least I've finally gotten her to crave the mac as much (almost) as I and hate her stupid HP! ;)

20. macrumors 68040

mac15

I usually don't let people watch me post at my house
    I'm usually here when they are far away from the computer
    I don't know why I do it......it's just me

21. macrumors 68040

Macmaniac

You've been spending too much time on Macrumors when..

You've been spending too much time on Macrumors when you rush to your homeroom and fire up Macrumors and completly forget to study for that test next peroid.
    You've been spending too much time on Macrumors when your mom starts asking u who are these Mac15 and Dukestreet people?
    You've been spending too much time on Macrumors when you set it to the startup homepage on every computer in the school.

22. Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

one word...paranoia... ;)

23. macrumors 68030

teabgs

you know you've been spending too much time on macrumors when....you're emotion's only come out of your fingertips in symbols such as : :) :( :D :mad:

24. macrumors 68030

teabgs

"Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not after you..."

-Kurt Cobain

25. Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

You know you been spending too much time on MacRumors if...

...you're having a conversation with someone in real-life and you begin each reply with "quote, originally posted by..."

...you care more about who's going to get an avatar next than what's going on the in the Middle-East.

...you wish vbcode for smilies could be used in real-life.

...you get the urge to sit and watch eyelikeart's post count grow.

...you spend time pondering the deep-seated differences between MacRumors and Spymac, and why one can't get along with the other.

...you can't wait to see the next iteration of dukestreet's avatar, or a new one created by him.

...you live for the moment that AlphaTech goes off on a newbie.

Just a short-list...:D