You've never heard anything more weird!

Discussion in 'Mac OS X 10.3 (Panther) Discussion' started by TigerPRO, Jan 15, 2004.

1. TigerPRO macrumors 6502

This is what's happened:

All my interface elements with aqua pinstripes are now just a solid white color! I can't figure out what did this. When I first log on I can see the real texture for a moment, but then it switches to this dull white texture.

But it gets more weird...

When I log in as a different user, everything looks fine. So it seems like corrupted or confused interface files. But I doubt that as well. because when I take a screenshot of the dull interface, it appears dull when I open it. But if I open that same file in the other profile where this doesn't happen, then I can see the pinstripes! Even though I didn't see them when I took the screenshot!

I don't know what's left that could be wrong. I don't see how my display could be bad, because it looks good in the other profile, but at the same time, I don't know why it could be the interface, because the screenshots look good when viewed in a good profile.

I'll describe what's different a little more. When I'm in iChat, I don't see the faint blue and white stripes in the background of my buddy list, I just get solid white. Same for my menubar, it's solid white. Also, when you have an aqua pinstripe window that's inactive, the title bar usually goes white with pinstripes, but in my case, it's just white. On the apple website where you have the tabs at the top, and the pinstripes on the outer edges, well, I can't see those either, it's just solid white. Even this website! If you have the aqua theme, you'll see the pinstripes, but to me, this whole site has only white background textures.

Another interesting phenomenon of this issues is that when I look at the area over which a drop shadow from another window is being cast, I can see the the true pinstripes look again. Additionally, if I drag a partially transparent widget on an area that's suppose to have pinstripes, the true texture is revealed!

So i've concluded that it's not a system interface problem, because I see it on websites, and it's not a screen problem because different users don't have it. So my question for anyone is: do you have any idea what could be causing this? Or any idea where at least the source of the problem might be?

Anything response would be appreciated, even if you decide to mock me. lol.

2. MoparShaha macrumors 68000

MoparShaha

Go to System Preferences > Universal Access. Make sure "Enhance Contrast" is turned all the way down.

3. TigerPRO thread starter macrumors 6502

Many thanks and a thousand days of appreciation! That did the trick. How did you know that?

So if anyone doesn't like pinstripes, that how you can get rid of them. lol.

4. MoparShaha macrumors 68000

MoparShaha