Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AppleDior31

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 14, 2014
I had the zagg screen protector installed for a little over a week on my plus. Today I noticed a single crack on top of my screen. I panicked because I thought it was my actual screen that cracked. I lifted the screen protector up a little so I could see if it was underneath. This cracked the screen protector even more. Thankfully, my actual screen wasn't damaged as far as I can tell. I didn't drop my phone, btw.

Will the cracked zagg glass screen protector ruin or scratch my actual screen? I'm leaving it on until I can get a replacement at the zagg kiosk. Or should I just take it off completely?

Last edited:

oconnell84

macrumors newbie
Aug 4, 2014
My replacement just arrived. The crack won't damage your screen as there is an adhesive layer between the glasses.

xRYD3Rx

macrumors 6502
Jul 3, 2010
My zagg glass just cracked as well, they want $3-4 to ship out a new one.. wth

Lizattwu

macrumors newbie
Nov 4, 2017
I had the zagg screen protector installed for a little over a week on my plus. Today I noticed a single crack on top of my screen. I panicked because I thought it was my actual screen that cracked. I lifted the screen protector up a little so I could see if it was underneath. This cracked the screen protector even more. Thankfully, my actual screen wasn't damaged as far as I can tell. I didn't drop my phone, btw.

Will the cracked zagg glass screen protector ruin or scratch my actual screen? I'm leaving it on until I can get a replacement at the zagg kiosk. Or should I just take it off completely?
[doublepost=1537974072][/doublepost]I have a crack corner and the speckle from the cracked screen protector left a mark or tiny line on my phone. So be careful when you are cleaning the glass off the screen.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.