Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sir Ruben

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 3, 2010
UK
I have just watched some YouTube vids of a Zagg invisible shield being fitted to an iPad. They appear to look very good as long as they are applied correctly.

Has anyone here got/tried one? If so how do you find it?

I can see that it has cut outs for the speaker etc but does it have a cut out for the camera?

Camoman12

macrumors newbie
Jan 8, 2012
Ottawa, Ontario
I have a Zagg Skin on my original iPad and in my opinion it is the best screen and body protector available. There's no noticeable difference when touching the screen, it's very thin, and it's very strong. If you don't like having big cases on your iPad and want the best protection, I recommend it for sure. Apparently it's made from the same material that coats helicopter blades, to protect them from dirt and rocks etc. The newer skins would probably have a cut out for the camera, just check the Zagg website.

Chlamydomonas

macrumors newbie
Nov 16, 2010
I have had the Zagg back skin on my iPad 2 since my purchase. I have yet to encounter any issues and enjoy the extra gripp it provides. As for the screen protector, although never used, I have heard that they have an "orange peel" feel to them. I had a spare front film that I used for iPad and decided to wait for that to wear before I put on the Zagg (though it's still perfect).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.