Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

andy271

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 9, 2016
uk
hi guys I ended up getting ipad pro with even screen im now after a screen protector and if anyone has one of these does it cause wobbly line work in the likes of procreate,the apple pencil doesn't seem to like the glass to thick and I feel the zagg may be thinner than some of the others ,here is a video of the problem

Reactions: TekkieWreck

RevTEG

macrumors 65816
Oct 28, 2012
San Jose, Ca
I had the Zagg glass screen protector installed on my 12.9 at Best Buy just a few days after launch. It was kinda pricey but Best Buy did a great job installing it. It works great with the Apple Pencil. I have not experienced any lag at all. The Zagg glass has worked great for me.

andy271

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 9, 2016
uk
Hi rev did you try to draw a straight line slow like on the video another chap posted and said there wasn't any jitter even though the zag is 0.4mm thin

Reactions: RevTEG

RevTEG

macrumors 65816
Oct 28, 2012
San Jose, Ca
Hi rev did you try to draw a straight line slow like on the video another chap posted and said there wasn't any jitter even though the zag is 0.4mm thin

I've drawn straight lines (as straight as I can).. No lag… I've also used the built in ruler in Apples note app to draw straight lines with zero lag. I've been very pleased with the Zagg glass. although I misplaced the receipt and never got to register the product with Zag. But that wasn't the screen protectors fault.

andy271

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 9, 2016
uk
was it easy to install rev .so this must be the only glass one that doesn't jitter with the apple pencil ill have to try one

Kal-037

macrumors 68020
I installed mine myself, and it was the easiest Zagg install i've done. There are no lag or latency issues, I can draw straight lines with no problem and do everything without worrying about any damage to the actual iPad screen. It also helps prevent LCD distorion when pushing the pencil harder to do thicker lines. If you aren't comfortable doing the install yourself, Zagg stores do great and guarantee it will work. But if you aren't happy with it... you have 2 weeks (I think) to have them replace it for free. *No I am not an employee of Zagg, just a person who likes their products (most of the time.) lol

Kal.

choreo

macrumors 6502a
Jan 10, 2008
Midland, TX
I installed mine myself, and it was the easiest Zagg install i've done. There are no lag or latency issues, I can draw straight lines with no problem and do everything without worrying about any damage to the actual iPad screen. It also helps prevent LCD distorion when pushing the pencil harder to do thicker lines. If you aren't comfortable doing the install yourself, Zagg stores do great and guarantee it will work. But if you aren't happy with it... you have 2 weeks (I think) to have them replace it for free. *No I am not an employee of Zagg, just a person who likes their products (most of the time.) lol

Kal.

Similar experience here. I ordered the ZAGG Glass protector the same day I ordered my iPad Pro 12.9". I installed it before I even turned mine on. No problems of any kind so far. I also installed an Urban Armor Gear Magma case with the glass in place, and no problems there either.

James.K.Polk

macrumors 6502a
Aug 31, 2015
BTW, my replacement 9.7" Pro has a more "rough" screen than my original - the first one was slick as all getup, but the second one has just a little amount of tooth to it. I ordered some tempered glass screen protectors (they'll arrive today) before I got the replacement, but not sure I want to use them...

ron7624

macrumors 68020
Oct 14, 2011
Houston, Texas area
Not to derail, but Best Buy installed a generic glass screen protector for me on my iPad Mini 4 before they had any to sell me. They did a great job! I can't install any kind of screen without installing dust with it.
I would have bought a zag from BB if they had one, pricey or not.
Anyway it works great and do not experience any lag.

andy271

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 9, 2016
uk
I've been using a Matt one and if feels great similar to pencil on paper but after a while I get headaches maybe the grain isn't helping I'll try the zag and at least the grain will be gone .thx for the replies guys appreciated

James.K.Polk

macrumors 6502a
Aug 31, 2015
Are your screen protector applied 100% perfectly? I did mine today, I thought it was 100% but I noticed a couple flecks of dust. Obviously doesn't inhibit use, just wondering if it's ever possible to be 100% perfect, or if everyone lives with 99% screen protector application :)

andy271

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 9, 2016
uk
The best way James is run a shower and that should get the room nice and steamy to reduce dust.allso best doing it in the daytime it's easier to see the edges of the screen protector.i allso take any towels out so that allso reduces the dust .i allso find putting the screen on quick is the best bet less chance of tiny dust getting in as the steam will get rid of it

James.K.Polk

macrumors 6502a
Aug 31, 2015
The best way James is run a shower and that should get the room nice and steamy to reduce dust.allso best doing it in the daytime it's easier to see the edges of the screen protector.i allso take any towels out so that allso reduces the dust .i allso find putting the screen on quick is the best bet less chance of tiny dust getting in as the steam will get rid of it

I actually did the hot shower and really thought I had it 100%. I believe the screen was clean ... I wonder if some dust didn't cling to the screen protector as I lifted it up before application. Oh well!

andy271

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 9, 2016
uk
hi guys really disappointed that people have said there isn't a problem with the zagg glass screen protector when there clearly is .I installed it perfect no bubbles and the touch felt fantastic when I tried the pencil with slow and medium strokes with procreate I get the wobbly jitter just like the video I posted to show people the problem .will attach pics so you can see what I mean just in case its a problem with the pencil or the ipad pro ,I think all glass ones will be like this as I speed up my stoke the lines go straighter as shown in the pics

Attachments

• 20160604_003523.jpg
    20160604_003523.jpg
    907.5 KB · Views: 246
  • 20160604_003538.jpg
    20160604_003538.jpg
    908.9 KB · Views: 265

darknyt

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2009
hi guys really disappointed that people have said there isn't a problem with the zagg glass screen protector when there clearly is .I installed it perfect no bubbles and the touch felt fantastic when I tried the pencil with slow and medium strokes with procreate I get the wobbly jitter just like the video I posted to show people the problem .will attach pics so you can see what I mean just in case its a problem with the pencil or the ipad pro ,I think all glass ones will be like this as I speed up my stoke the lines go straighter as shown in the pics

Zag glass, no issues whatsoever with pencil

Also I never install them anymore. I have a nice flagship store near me and they do. Great job installing all mine.

Andy847

macrumors regular
Mar 17, 2016
Chicago Suburb
Not to question what you believe to be true about the Zagg Protector, but do you know anyone who can actually draw a slow straight line without any wiggles in the line? I would think that was possible with a ruler , but not just the average person.

I have the Zagg Glass Screen Protector, and while it's really expensive, I don't really have a problem with it. I do get wiggly lines, but mostly because I suffer from Essential Tremors. I can still draw fine though. The only time I ever may notice a bit of lag is really close to the edge of the screen, not always, but sometimes I've noticed it. I do think the Zagg is top notch though.

Reactions: Bocktagon
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.