Zagg invisibleshield microbubbles

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Kdowns, Sep 21, 2010.

1. macrumors newbie

I know this topic has been beat too death. I just installed my third IS and I have what appears to be mirobubbles around the edge of the screen. Usually I wouldn't care but I can actually feel the roughness of the bubbles as I drag my finger accross them. Anyone had any experiences with this? Do they go away and flatten out?

2. macrumors member

I'd recommend you just take it off and try a SGP or PS anti-glare or crystal. Fourth time's the charm, right?

IS microbubbles are a hit or miss with time, and they tend to yellow and ripple with age, especially with the moderate heat generated from the phone.

3. thread starter macrumors newbie

How is the PS. Do you get air bubbles. I freaking hate air bubbles

4. macrumors member

pujols617

Just get the squeegee and rub it away from the screen. I've had this happen to me countless number of times and it works

5. macrumors 6502a

are you using soapy water?

If you are, make sure your not stirring up the water with the soap, its gives it a ton of micro air bubbles that find its way on your finger and on the film. It should work its way out in a couple of days, but sometimes alittle too much soap prevents that. How long has it been? I put a BSE on my iPod a few years back, took about a week for it to settle.

is there a speck of dust underneath causing the bubble? try doing it in the bathroom after a nice hot shower. The humidity in the air will keep the dust down to a minimum.

Ive put on a dozen or so different protectors in the years, wet and dry installs. I never had a real problem with air bubbles. Just take your time, pay attention to the water and air bubbles...use as little water as you can.

6. macrumors 6502

As long a there is no dust on the screen when u apply there will be no bubble and it feels like the glass on the iPhone itself unlike the zagg