Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sam2428

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 8, 2011
Houston, TX
I just noticed the new zaggmate for the ipad 2 pictures are up on zaggs website. I was really curious as to how this would look with the new bezel design. Looks pretty good to me!

ipad2-zaggmate-24.jpg

ipad2-zaggmate-22.jpg

ipad2-zaggmate-23.jpg

http://www.zagg.com/accessories/zaggmate-ipad-case

mikeylikesit

macrumors member
Mar 19, 2011
Isn't the ipad2 slightly smaller on the outer dimensions? I wonder if they had to make the keyboard smaller.

TOYSTRY

macrumors member
Mar 30, 2011
I called them tonight since they sent me the wrong screen protector and asked why they havent posted updated photos of the new iPad 2 zaggmate to which they responded "they didn't know when the pics would be uploaded". While talking on the phone I refreshed the screen and the new pics popped up. When I told the lady that she was amazed that as we were talking about it, it miraculously happened. I chuckled and carried on with my evening. :D

sam2428

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 8, 2011
Houston, TX
Good question, I'm not sure. I don't think it's any smaller. I can tell that the thickness is less of the outer shell. Also there is now a cut out for the headphone jack.

TOYSTRY

macrumors member
Mar 30, 2011
Good question, I'm not sure. I don't think it's any smaller. I can tell that the thickness is less of the outer shell. Also there is now a cut out for the headphone jack.

The lady said the only changes that she knew of were the cutout for the headphones and that it was thinner.

togo7

macrumors member
Mar 12, 2011
My Wife game me a zaggmate for me iPad2. Zaggmate is pretty cool. Logitech makes it now. I leave my smart cover on and it doesn't interfere in any way. When I close the zaggmate up I just let the smart cover protect the back of my Ipad. The keyboard has a nice crisp feel when typing. The keyboard is of adequate size that it is comfortable to type on even with my big hands. Special keys cover most of the Ipad special functions. Over all I am very pleased.

laurenr

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2008
California
I received my Zaggmate/Logitech heyboard case a few days ago and find it SO useful. When typing on the iPad keyboard, I had found myself repeatedly making the same errors, eg. hitting the "n" key instead of the space bar. For forums, email, Documents etc, this external keyboard is a must for me.

Besides the iPad specific keys mentioned above, I just love the directional keys - the "bubble-dragging" to position the cursor drives me nuts on the on-screen keyboard. The "cut, copy & paste" dedicated keys operate in one step, without the need for pressing any "function" key at the same time. All of this makes the whole typing experience far more efficient for me.

For daily use (running around) my iPad is covered by a leather Yoobao case, when I won't be in need of the keyboard. These two cases together are the perfect combination.:)

yubcorp

macrumors newbie
Apr 8, 2011
Use in typing mode?

One question I haven't seen answered anywhere is whether or not you can lower the pop up latch on the Zaggmate with keyboard to prop up the iPad 2 for onscreen typing if you don't feel like using the physical keyboard? I know this would make or break it for me as I type on screen most of the time but love the protection and convenience of having the BT keyboard just in case.

laurenr

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2008
California
One question I haven't seen answered anywhere is whether or not you can lower the pop up latch on the Zaggmate with keyboard to prop up the iPad 2 for onscreen typing if you don't feel like using the physical keyboard? I know this would make or break it for me as I type on screen most of the time but love the protection and convenience of having the BT keyboard just in case.

I'm not sure exactly what you mean, but you can lower the latch, place the ipad, screen side facing up for typing on-screen. The top third portion of the keyboard has a rubber surface, so it does provide some cushioning for the back of the iPad if it is lying flat on it. However, you cannot "clip" the device into this position as you can when the iPad is encased in it, screen down.

Hope that's clear.:)

yubcorp

macrumors newbie
Apr 8, 2011
Thank you

Yes, you answered it perfectly. Now I just have to decide if I want to go the Zagg route or a back case with built in stand since I already have an Apple BT keyboard.....hmmm decisions ;)

gwen1o

macrumors member
Mar 11, 2011
Now a smart cover!

Did anybody else notice that the Zagg website has been updated to show that the Logitech Zagg for iPad 2 is a smart cover?

I ordered mine today, it shipped today, looking forward to having it (hopefully) by Friday.

cinca

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2010
Yes, you answered it perfectly. Now I just have to decide if I want to go the Zagg route or a back case with built in stand since I already have an Apple BT keyboard.....hmmm decisions ;)

I feel your pain on already being an owner of the Apple BT keyboard. I love the Apple keyboard and I think it's- much better keyboard than the Zagg but I like how it just snaps onto the IPad and in watching a few review videos of the original Zagg I am thinking those iPad specific keys (home that you can tap to get to search) look really useful.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.