Zappa is now on iTMS!

Discussion in 'iPod' started by Pipian, Feb 13, 2005.

1. macrumors 6502

2. macrumors 68040

dornoforpyros

now I wonder if this means The Beatles will be turning up soon :D no that's just wishful thinking on my part as I know all involved with the beatles back catelauge is deeply appose to digital music and such...bastards.
    Oh well, I'll just have to keep building my beatles collection the way I have been...pawn shop vinyl

3. macrumors 65816

narco

Awesome. Even though I still rather buy CD's than download music, I'm glad to see good artists making it to iTunes.

Fishes,
    narco.

4. macrumors 6502a

zwida

Zappa? Where?

Other than a couple of Zappa tracks recorded by others, I couldn't find anything. Am I missing something?

5. macrumors 65816

Savage Henry

in a one horse, two house, three pub town.
    Humbugs I tells ya

Not on the UK store ... Dagnammit. Unless it did a Radiohead whereby it appeared for about 4 hours and then entirely disappeared.

Yoiks ... I'm going crazee with some of these 'now you see it now you don't' iTMS high-jinks....

6. thread starter macrumors 6502

That's what happened. It started disappearing about a day after it went up.

7. macrumors newbie

8. macrumors 68020

That happend with bob seger too in the USA store.

9. macrumors newbie

It literally happened over the weekend, because the catalog was there on Friday, and when my girlfriend tried to buy a song, it said it couldn't be purchased, and now today the songs aren't even listed, although there is still a Frank Zappa page that says it is all on iTunes. There is also an "essential Frank Zappa" page on iTunes still, just with no songs in it.

I was just about to buy a bunch!

10. macrumors newbie

Same here, I went to go look for a particular song and was surprised to see that one cover album in there and nothing else, and even nothing in the essentials section either. Surprising to me because I remember when they started having FZ's music in there and how it was a big event since they had all of his works in there.

11. Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

12. macrumors 6502a

skottichan

Sadly, none of my ripped CDs have been matched. It's weird staring at Bongo Fury in the store, but my copy is still all uploaded. I've deleted from iCloud and readded, still uploaded.