Zelda Delayed to Next Year

Discussion in 'Games' started by xli_ne, Aug 18, 2005.

1. xli_ne macrumors 6502a

xli_ne

Heres a link... Link

Not to surprised by this, just really wanted it to come out as soon as possible. But if they are requesting time to
    then I'm cool with that. March 2006, such a long time away.

2. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

If nintendo was really smart they would hold this off for the Revolution, What's another 10 months. They could then make the game even stronger and give people more reason to upgrade. Why prolong the life of the Game Cube with such a game.

3. mrgreen4242 macrumors 601

mrgreen4242

It'd be better to release it against the XBox 360 launch, imo. Might keep some people holding out for the Revolution rather than "upgrading" to the 360...

4. Whyren macrumors 6502a

Whyren

They tried that with Samus/Metroid, not doing an N64 version while waiting for GameCube. Lotsa people weren't happy, but with Metroid Prime as the result, I can't complain :D. And they do have a GameCube Zelda, but I think a lot of people still want the "realistic" version they've been touting since before the Wind Waker concept was even really developed. I mean, there have been previews of this thing (or at least similar to it) since before the GameCube was released.

5. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I think its a very smart move to release Zelda quite late on. although the Rev is coming out not too long after, it doesn't mean that the Cube will instantly be forgotten and fall into the depths of obsolete technology. they still make PS1 games after all, AND the rev is to aggressively backwards compatible.

it would also get people buying Gamecubes, especially at the incredible prices they are right now. Zelda + Gamecube = £60. bargain.

but to the reasons of the delay; anything that can make Zelda better is a good thing. Hell it'd probably do insanely well without the delay, after all... its Zelda. ;)

6. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

If you mean the Spaceworld Zelda then its been confirmed that it has nothing to do with Twilight Princess, it was just a beta video thing. think the PS3 FF7 video.

On most nintendo consoles there have been at least 2 Zeldas (barring GB);
    Nes: Zelda I, Zelda II
    Snes: Link to the Past, BS Link to the Past
    GB: Links Awakening
    GBC: Awakening DX, Oracle of Ages, Oracle of Seasons
    N64: Ocarina of Time, Master Quest, Majoras Mask
    GBA: Link to the Past, Four Swords, Minish Cap, Zelda I and II Nes classics
    GC: Windwaker, Four Swords, Ocarina of time + Master Quest ports, Twilight Princess (?)

7. Mavimao macrumors 6502a

Mavimao

8. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Wow a 3DO reference, thats taking it old school.

9. DavidLeblond macrumors 68020

DavidLeblond

Surely you mean the Phillips CD-i. ;)

10. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

What one was supposed to be better, the 3DO or the CD-i.

11. crachoar macrumors 6502a

The 3DO.

However, the CD-i had...*gasp!* VCDs!

About Zelda - is anybody honestly surprised by this?

They always do this with Zelda games.

12. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

I have been waiting for this game for a long time now, I guess another 6 months is nothing. :rolleyes: I better get the best game ever made tho if they will make us wait 2 years. :)

13. Mavimao macrumors 6502a

Mavimao

That's right, the CD-i! I forgot, sorry.

Yeah, Crachoar is right about this: Ocarina of Time took FOREVER to come out. I remember people waiting for that game for years.

However, that was different. They were intending that game to come with the 64HDD which lived a very brief life in Japan. After scraping that idea, they had to switch to a normal cartridge based game.

In all it was worth the wait. What a beautiful game! Easy but wonderful. I can't wait for Twilight princess!

14. katchow macrumors 6502

would love to see some voice acting and scored music instead of the wanky midi...i mean what year is it anyway?

15. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

You're calling Wind Waker's music MIDI? I burned the soundtrack to a CD and even my mother (who hates video games) likes listening to it!

Voice acting...Zelda...nah.

Besides, it's already been confirmed that Zelda: Twilight Princess is fully 100% orchestrated music. They've already released an MP3 from it and its beautiful.

16. Viewtiful Rich macrumors regular

Viewtiful Rich

A couple things guys (gals)

Nintendo will be announcing the global release date after March 31, so unless they plan on releasing it in the summer (which is very very unlikely) I'd expect at least a one year delay.

And actually the type of music hasn't been decided yet, Koji Kondo, the guy behind the lovely piece for the latest trailer is pushing to use an orchestra though (see Nintendo Power Sept Issue).

With the extra time I'm hoping that they add voice acting (except for Link), orchestrated soundtrack, and change it to widescreen format. I also hope they move it to the Revolution, because releasing quite possibly their greatest game ever on a beyond dead console (by that time) doesn't make any sense.

17. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

The only problem I could see with a Revolution release is how much of the game would need to be rewritten and is it worth it to add that long a delay.

18. Ringo macrumors regular

Ringo

Well according from what nintendo said, it's suppose to be really easy to write and port game for the revolution. And it's being delay for at least something like next june or Xmas 06, so i believe they would have plenty of time. We'll just have to wait i guess..

19. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Windwaker isn't midi. Some songs may sound like it, but mixed with a symphonic score. its arty, mixing the old and new and all that. Fitted the Windwaker setting perfectly, a game not too serious but fun to play. unlike Twilight Princess which is taking itself all very seriously.

Voice acting? could be the old-skool gamer in me but the fact that all the major Zelda characters don't have a 'voice' makes me think up my own. If Link started talking it'd lose so much. Im happy with the grunts and other noises, even when Zelda games are on 40Gb discs i hope voices are kept to a minimum.

As for Zelda delays. Funny. I've been a Zelda fan since playing Zelda 2 on my cousins Nes. but... maybe its because i've only recently been following release dates and the likes, but Ive never seen a delayed Zelda game. Windwaker seemed to come out on time, as did Minish Cap and GBA Link to the Past, and those 2 Oracle games (infact I have a magazine in my wardrobe which says the release date, and matches with Gamefaqs release date too, the preview was done a whole year before its release too). Ocarina of Time was a pleasant experience too. It said it'd be a year or so in a mag, and it was.

only thing im worrying about is this thing selling out whilst im after it! :eek:

20. crachoar macrumors 6502a

Apparently, the 'Rev' as we'll call it - houses the actual Gamecube hardware inside. No emulation at all. It even has the GC controller / mem card ports.

From what Nintendo has talked about - it sounds like 'Gamecube 2'.

But, who knows. They're crazy like that...

Really, Nintendo hasn't launched a system with 'Zelda' to date. You expect them to now?

Logic would answer, 'yes'.

Need I remind you - this is Nintendo we're talking about.

They're...crazy...

21. Whyren macrumors 6502a

Whyren

And the GameCube wasn't even released with a Mario game :eek:

...OK, Luigi's Mansion is Marioesque and he was in the game, but you know what I mean. :cool:

22. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

would be nice if the Rev go back to their 'get a Mario game free' roots.

on a sidenote; is Revolution its project name? a la Dolphin?

23. Poff macrumors 65816

Poff

Or a free Tetris-game? ;)

I believe it's the actual name. I guess we won't know for sure before they release it tho, but they write about the Revolution as if it's an actual name. :)

24. jdechko macrumors 68040

I don't really want to wait for it. I don't really see a good reason for putting it off, unless they fell behind. It could really keep sales going until the release of the Revolution.

25. Yvan256 macrumors 601

Yvan256

The GameCube is really a great system, I'm still wondering why people keep putting it down! I mean, the current crappy system has to be the PS2: slow load time, crappy graphics (except maybe titles such as Gran Turismo).

I hope they'll release it for the GameCube, because I think Nintendo will wait to see the PS3 (and it's pricing) before doing anything with the Revolution.