Zelda info blowout! 70 hours?!?!!

Discussion in 'Games' started by GFLPraxis, Nov 3, 2006.

1. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

If playing Zelda again (this time with the new Wii control scheme) at the Nintendo Fusion Tour last night didn't get me hyped enough, this nearly made my head explode.

Nintendo invited 30 different media representatives from all the big guys (IGN, GameSpot, etc) to Nintendo HQ for a huge Zelda marathon (was it 24 hours? think so). So far, Matt at IGN took a break after 10 hours to write up his experience so far.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/744/744044p1.html

Oh. My. Gosh.

Read the entire article please, but here are some relevant quotes.

For the leftie Link fans and GameCube purists...
    For those concerned over the new control scheme...

*drools*

More info from http://gamesarefun.com/news.php?newsid=7172

Hello, Zelda. Goodbye, life.

2. Chone macrumors 65816

Chone

Ocarina of Time was one my favorite games of all time... and Twilight Princess looks every just bit as awesome and more.

I feel more and more compelled to buy a Wii as the days go by... hmm and at 250$ with a game included... oh my how can I resist... must play Zelda...

3. SamIchi macrumors 68030

SamIchi

I am so saying goodbye to everything else... after I'm done with this semester. I'm goin' to play it nonstop with no distractions. Total immersion :D

*marks calendar Dec 15th*

4. 0s and 1s macrumors 6502a

0s and 1s

Ugh.....I can't wait! 70 hours??? I haven't spent that much time on a game since FF7.

I know that I'm being anal retentive, but is the original theme song (or a rendition of it for that matter) in the game? My childhood memories made it very hard to enjoy the N64 Zeldas because of this omission.

:eek:

5. GFLPraxis thread starter macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

While I can't tell you for sure, being that I've only played one dungeon (twice, using different control schemes), I'd be shocked if it wasn't :)

6. Mac'Mo macrumors 6502a

Mac'Mo

I'm excited, im a big fan of nintendo and i hope they do well. But i am slightly skeptical so chances are i'll just play with my frend's wiis (hahaha) just to erase said skepticism.

7. SamIchi macrumors 68030

SamIchi

I'm pretty sure it's been in every Zelda except the ones that I'd rather not speak of... I'm pretty sure it was in OOT.

8. rockthecasbah macrumors 68020

rockthecasbah

That was such a great article, thanks for the link. I'm really just so excited to play TP already and behold the Wii's awesomeness. Can i make it to launch? :rolleyes:

9. ieani macrumors 6502a

ieani

10. GFLPraxis thread starter macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

$249, with a game (Wii Sports), a set of controllers (one Wii remote and one nunchuck add-on), and built-in memory (no memory card required), WiFi, and Bluetooth. The whole setup.

11. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Suppose the other big, hidden news that goes along with this is that people are playing TP for 10 hours and their arms aren't falling off.

Regardless, Zelda is going to be incredible. There isn't really much else to say. just a shame I wont be playing mine until Christmas :eek:

12. GFLPraxis thread starter macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Why's that?

13. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

my iMac sapped up all my money and my student loan hasn't come through yet. My mums getting a Wii for the family after reading all the rave reviews in the paper (read: not blogosphere!). I mean really mate, the Wii was in every paper a few weeks back.

14. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

It's definitely looking like it'll be a popular game - it's at #2 from a large (biggest?) NZ game retailer (the Wii itself is #1) :D

The PS3, on the other hand, is sitting at #156 :p

15. barkins macrumors regular

barkins

If I wasn't already plenty excited about the Wii, reading that review almost made me pee my pants (no really, I drank too much soda).

I was considering purchasing an Xbox 360 AND a Wii, however my budget has just taken quite a beating by the new MacBook Pro, so I'll have to settle for the Wii and I don't feel like I'm missing out all that much.

16. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Same here. I don't actually see myself getting a Wii in the near future, although I definitely desire one.

17. Oblivious macrumors 6502

Oh ****.

I'm never going to be able to finish my college applications once this game is out.:eek: :eek:

Goodbye life.

18. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

*coughwiifanboyscough* :eek:

That is sweet though. I just beat Link to the Past in 3 sittings (not enough) and Wind Waker was artifically made longer due to the stupid sailing (I curse that damn ship), so 50-70 hours with Link would be hardcore. My #1 Wii game when I get it.

19. Malus macrumors 6502

Man...good thing I only have 2 class sessions after I get my wii before Thanksgiving break starts, haha I'll have a good solid week to play it non stop :D

20. tk421 macrumors 6502a

Actually, it wasn't in OOT, though the Hyrule Field music hints at it occasionally. It was in Majora's Mask and Wind Waker.

The just-released footage of the game's opening title had music reminiscent of the opening title of the original Legend of Zelda. That was a very pleasant surprise to me. I've always enjoyed the Zelda music, and I also hope to hear the main theme in Twilight Princess.

21. GFLPraxis thread starter macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Okay, the Twilight King is pretty obviously Ganondorf- he's got a Gerudo symbol on his robe and he takes over Hyrule, who else can he be?

22. ColdFlame87 macrumors regular

what if they artificially made this game longer as well but instead of a vast ocean to explore and travel its vast fields. haha just a thought i doubt such is the case.

23. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I don't think it's going to be as black and white as that. Zelda has already been showing holding a rapier-like weapon. Bit of character progression, jollies!

24. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

That's what I was after. feeling like Link. only PC games have ever made me forget about time, about where I was due to the mouse control. It really sounds as if this will be the first console game to truly get me.

We're so here now. Twilight Princess is DONE. I think I'm going into town later and putting a deposit down on it, be my first pre-order!

25. BoyBach macrumors 68040

BoyBach

Regardless of the "If you buy Twilight Princess for GameCube and not Wii, you are a fool" comment, I will be dusting down my Gamecube and cancelling my social life when Zelda is released.