Zelda is officially T rated!

Discussion in 'Games' started by twistedlegato, Oct 11, 2006.

1. twistedlegato macrumors 65816

twistedlegato

2. XNine macrumors 68040

XNine

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    OH MY GOD! I JUST might rush out to buy a Wii now. OOOOOOH My God!

Seriously. Just because it's rated T doesn't mean anything special. Not if it was rated Mature, if we got to see some Nudy Zelda getting it on with tentacle monsters, that would be something. But "T." Pft. C'mon.

3. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Nah, not bothered. I was playing Mortal Kombat at 9-10, heck my dads friend bought it me for my birthday! Ratings mean nothing.

4. Winstonp macrumors 6502a

Winstonp

Star wars episode 3 was PG-13, and it was the best flick of the newer trilogy. Something tells me this game will be good...

5. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Could be, know what tells me TP will be good? 100 hour gameplay, a world that you cannot feasibly travel without Epona and the 2 world scenario (used by the 2 best Zelda's yet). s'all I need to know :)

6. Winstonp macrumors 6502a

Winstonp

you seem to know a lot about zelda. Should I try to beat windwaker before TP? I never really got into that one. IYO, Does it match ocarina or a link to the past?

Winston

7. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I'd say it's more like Links Awakening (though not as great). you could just forget it out and not bat an eyelid but you would be missing out. It's certainly more enjoyable than Majoras Mask. I've got mixed feelings about it, right now I think it's okay but the first play, seeing Links expressions and learning the super great controls is a fantastic experience. The music is top notch and the sunrise/set are absolutely gorgeous. Only rubbish bit I can think of is a rubbish treasure hunting quest towards the end.

I say play it. It's a joy to play through (for the most part). After Links Awakening and Ocarina of Time it's my 3rd fave Zelda game.

8. bobber205 macrumors 68020

bobber205

Allll riiight!

Too bad it didin't say "Partial Nudity". *thinks of zelda* :p

9. Haoshiro macrumors 68000

Haoshiro

Agreed, I really liked it... but I have to say the collecting of 8 shards bit was a bit too tedius. I think I would have liked a treasure-hunting segment if it was better made, with more interesting clues and the like. But since this happened near the end, there didn't seem to be a lot of mystery behind it, just a huge time sink (like having to pay Tingles crazy amounts of money!!!).

Ah well, I still think Wind Waker is a great game that for the most part gets better the farther along you go... enjoyed the ending too!

jimmi: Did you not like The Minish Cap? I thought it was good as well... of course, my least favorite in the series are Zelda 2 and Majora's Mask.

10. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

heh, forgot about that. Yea Minish Cap was great, I'd probably rate that between OoT and Windwaker. It was short but I loved the charm that game presented in bucket loads.

11. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Twilight Princess looks very similar to Ocarina of Time, play that one at the very least if you haven't already.

I'd really recommend finishing Wind Waker, but I don't think you have to. Personally I think TP will be a Wind Waker prequel, or completely unrelated...but it could be a sequel, who knows.

12. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

....not huge deal.....I mean Super Smash Brother Melee was T still wasn't that "dark" however it was a great game

13. Malus macrumors 6502

Its cause it was based on fighting and thats it. Nintendo said that Zelda TP has a very dark storyline and it goes in depth in the past zelda games, sort of to tie into everything. Also it has lots of reading. Again Nintendo said all this, so I dunno. I just hope all this hype isnt a let down.

14. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

oooh, I love the sound of that! Have you got a source for the "tying in" bits? Something that made sense of the Zelda storyline would be very, very nice.

15. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Wasn't all zelda games rated T? Are you expecting guts and orc blood?

Bless

16. Malus macrumors 6502

I wanna see Ganons head get cut off and spew blood "kill bill" style hahaha.

Right here : http://www.cubed3.com/news/5816

17. takao macrumors 68040

takao

i don't remember that i looked at the ratings since i hit 18 for me personally... what rating did zelda get in the past ?

18. bobber205 macrumors 68020

bobber205

All E's.

19. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

yes. Remember Soldier of Fortune the game for PC? I want that level of mayhem.

Or Manhunt style, where you tap Ganon on the shoulder and when he turns around you slash off his head. Jack Thompson would sh** his pants.

20. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

21. Malus macrumors 6502

Nintendo said Zelda TP will be the best zelda game...PWN!!11`

22. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

:rolleyes:

and George Bush said Iraq had nukes... talk is cheap :p

23. Malus macrumors 6502

You got a point but Nintendo has more credability that good ole W

Haha, plus I would let nintendo run the USA over bush any day lol. ;)

24. SkyBell macrumors 604

SkyBell

I'm STILL stuck there, and I preordered it!:(

25. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Corrected.