Zelda Phantom Hourglass Famitsu scans; Gorons return, penguin-reindeer-eskimo hybrids

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by GFLPraxis, Jun 12, 2007.

1. macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

http://www.nintendoplayers.com/article.php?articleID=898

Interesting stuff. I love Tetra's expression. The fishing minigame is back. What's up with the eskimos with reindeer horns and penguin bodies? And will we finally find out why there were only three Gorons in disguise in Wind Waker?

2. macrumors Core

Dagless

Them graphics are wonderful, I had no idea the DS could do that good. Oh ya- Nintendo console and Nintendo game :D

I want this to be good. I'm a fan of "land" based Zelda games but if they pull off something like Windwaker with bigger islands then I'd be very content.

3. macrumors 6502a

Vidd

That looks like a good step up from every other DS game.

4. macrumors 6502

Seems cool enough for a handheld Zelda. I'm near the end of TP and it's making me all kinds of mad so it's hard to get excited for a Zelda game right now :) .

What's the deal with the stick on the right page? It's showing you having to move the stylus back and forth on the touch screen. I really hope there's not too much of that kind of stuff. Games with too much touch screen outside of games directly made for that drive me nuts....Diddy Kong anyone?

Paul

5. thread starter macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

I played the game at E3; it's entirely touch controlled. No button usage whatsoever.

6. macrumors 65816

twistedlegato

Wha oh:D

Now i really wish i had a DS:(

7. thread starter macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Multiplayer was pretty fun too, though I only got to try one game mode for five minutes.

8. macrumors Core

Dagless

Somebody without a DS?! Lemme take a picture :eek: :cool:

9. MRU
    macrumors demi-god

MRU

What I find interesting about this game, is that it's got a lot of people eagerly anticipating this.. and yet a lot of these people who are anticipating this are the same people who turned their noses up-to WindWaker because of it's graphical style.

Kind of ironic.....

10. macrumors regular

I had no problem with the Windwalker graphics style. Bring it on, I say.

11. macrumors 68000

JackAxe

This is the one game I really want more than anything else right now.

Who's the creepy looking guy riding in my BOAT?!!! :mad: I hope that unlike the Tingle demon, I'll actually be able to kill this EVIL. :eek:

<]=)

12. macrumors 6502

That is really a turn off for me. I really don't like using the touch screen with games like that. Some games it is ok, but most I prefer the normal button controls. :eek:

13. macrumors 6502

Actually that makes me kind of intrigued. The thought of switching back and forth constantly or awkwardly trying to do touch in the midst of analogue is what bothered me most. If it's all touch you can get used to things...

Paul

14. Guest

Sky Blue

Looks kinda meh....sounds painful, one giant dungeon with time running out? urgh.

Nintendo, It's not too late to cancel and forget WW ever happened (ok, it is but I can dream).

15. macrumors 68000

JackAxe

Wind Waker is an excellent game. I hope the monkeys that were too busy being hard-corn and have a Wii now, will give the game a serious go. I'm still confused by the fact that many didn't like it, because the game was cartoony. Zelda has always been cartoony.

Magical Starsign required heavy use of the stylus and they pulled it off. It showed me it can be done. Prior to this game, I've only had bad experiences with touch-controls for games on my PDAs.

<]=)

16. macrumors Core

Dagless

Kirby Canvas Curse - perfect controls.

17. macrumors 6502

So, is everyone excited? Zelda comes out in 2 days!

18. MRU
    macrumors demi-god

MRU

Really I always suspected she swung that way. ;)

19. macrumors 6502a

djstarrock

I can't wait but Holiday season is really far away.

20. macrumors 68000

Here here - Touch is OK, but for anything other than minigames or "alternative games", being all-touch just doesn't work - cool as the stylus is, buttons are still a necessity

21. macrumors Core

Dagless

Tell that to Elite Beat Agents or Hotel Dusk :D

I hear the touch controls work great in this. At least according to the cheeky folk playing the rom on Gamefaqs.

22. macrumors regular

I also read on the IGN site here how a 'must have buttons' doubter was impressed. So let's just hold off our judgement (yeah, right) until it comes out.

Um... when is it coming out?!?!

23. macrumors Core

Dagless

Q4 for you guys.
    TBA for us guys. :eek:

24. MRU
    macrumors demi-god

MRU

LOL... bless Nintendo Europe. Great stuff... ;)

25. macrumors 65816

Ja Di ksw

Holy hell, I completely lost track of looking at games and didn't know this until today!!!!!!!! I've been looking forward to this game since it was first previewed. Time for the credit card to take one more hit it can't afford . . . .