Zelda Release Date - Fall

Discussion in 'Games' started by DEXTERITY, Feb 19, 2006.

1. DEXTERITY macrumors 6502a

SpikeTV: Zelda: Twilight Princess. Talk about taking some names. So let's take that name Zelda. What's up with that, when's it coming out?

Reggie: It's coming out this fall, it's coming out on GameCube. There's been a lot of speculation, people think we're holding it back or that it's gonna be launched just on Revolution. I'm telling you people, it's not true. It's gonna be on GameCube, it's gonna come out in the fall.

SpikeTV: Is it gonna be on GameCube AND Revolution?

Reggie: It's gonna be on GameCube. The thing about Revolution is that it will take a Gamecube standard disc. So while it is going to be a title for GameCube, Twilight Princess, you will be able to play it on Revolution.

SpikeTV: So what will there be, will there be an add-on. Will we have a sword fight on Revolution or anything?

Reggie: You know, it's a great idea. We should talk to Miyamoto about it but, you know, right now the focus is really getting it out on GameCube.

2. amacgenius macrumors 68000

amacgenius

It better be on the GC, I just bought one and I want to play Wind Waker and Twilight Princess too.

3. rockthecasbah macrumors 68020

rockthecasbah

nintendo i think will stick to its guns. Like they said, the Revolution will play gamecube disks. If its been in development this long, i doubt they'd move it even further back by changing formats and whatnot to suit the Revolution-only. Also it will be a way to "show" that the Revolution is fully capable of recreating the gamecube experience on its new machine.

4. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Yeah, I saw it on TV and posted it on NintendoPlayers.com yesterday.

5. yellow5 macrumors regular

They've said 100 times that TP is going to be STRICTLY a GameCube game.
    And since the Revolution PLAYS GameCube games, it can also be played on the Rev. once it comes out.

And if we're lucky they'll include some new features specifically for the Revolution..

Watch the video I linked to above for more info.

6. shadowmoses macrumors 68000

shadowmoses

I thought this was a known fact for a while as I remember Nintendo saying that, the new Zelda would come out at the same time as the Revolution.....It will be a GC game but it will also be optimised for the Rev allowing Rev owners to utilise the new controller while playing it..

SHadow;)

7. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

But FALL?

Does that mean Christmas/New year for Europe at the earliest, and REV - Spring 07?

I've had Twilight Princess on pre-order from DVDboxoffice...

Ordered On: Thursday, July 1 2004 :( :( :( :( :( :(

That's like over 2 years by the time it's released. That has to be one of the longest pre-orders yet :)

8. Kernow macrumors 65816

Kernow

According to Amazon in the UK, the release date will be 24 November.

Not sure if this is an official release date, or a guess on their behalf, but either way, it's going to be a long wait. :(

9. DEXTERITY thread starter macrumors 6502a

Since Zelda was pushed last November, It had been speculated but we never said exactly when it would come out. Only that it wouldn't come out prior to April 06. This is the first time anyone from corp. has confirmed at least a time frame in regards to the release date.

10. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

According to a new interview, the new Zelda will have special features on the Rev.

Woo time!

11. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Damn you Nintendo:mad: I have been waiting for this game for the past 3 years and my hopes were getting up when I saw an April 2006 release date. This game better be the best game ever made if its taking this long to finish. If they disappoint after this long a wait there will be hell to pay.

12. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

That's the problem. With each delay our expectations get higher and higher and I'm afraid no matter how great Twilight turns out to be, it will never be able to reach the lofty heights we hope for...

By the way, cool Stewie AVATAR.... I love family guy, how come we havent seen a video game yet?

13. jdechko macrumors 68040

Just as long as theres a good story behind it (and I'm sure there will be), and they don't remove any game aspects we've seen to this point (weapons on Epona :D ) I'm sure we'll all be happy.

I heard that they've decided to go back to cell-shaded Link, and that's what's taking so long. j/k ;) ***ducks***

14. takao macrumors 68040

takao

holy thread revival batman:
    ok now i guess it's confirmed without further denying:
    http://revolution.ign.com/articles/696/696091p1.html

"Asked how the GameCube adventure was progressing, Miyamoto responded: "I would say that we are progressing well with completing it. And one of the most important features is that, because Revolution can run GameCube software, when you play Twilight Princess on Revolution you can take advantage of the Revolution."
    Miyamoto did not offer further specifics."

;)

15. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

i want a Revolution now! a 360 is looking so nice simpling because it's out!

16. kballard macrumors newbie

I agree with you. I'm becoming sorely tempted to buy an xbox 360 simply to tide me over until the Revolution arrives.