Zelda Revolution syle

Discussion in 'Games' started by Ja Di ksw, Apr 21, 2006.

1. Ja Di ksw macrumors 65816

Ja Di ksw

So I was just reading up on some games that are (supposedly) coming out for the Revolution, and Zelda was mentioned. The article I was reading claimed that at the E3 media briefing, there was work being done on a new Zelda game for the Revolution. This is suppose to be different than Zelda:TP, which was made for GameCube and then had "enhancements" for the Revolution added on. Miyamoto also said that TP would be "without a doubt, the last Zelda game as you know it in its present form." I wonder what the new one will be like :confused:

Does anyone know how accurate this information is? It is, after all, from Wikipedia.

2. Oblivious macrumors 6502

I've actually been wondering about this too, and I've come to the conclusion that Zelda will be going first person. With the Rev controller I think it's inevitable that all of Link's swordfighting moves will be done with the controller, and realistically I think the best way to control that will be in the first person. I would kind of have mixed feelings about this if it were true...

3. Ja Di ksw thread starter macrumors 65816

Ja Di ksw

FPZ - First Person Zelda

I don't know what I'd think about this, either. FPS have their place and can be fun, but I like Zelda the most when it is like the original NES version. Then again, I can't wait for Rev sword fights. I think I would be ok with this if not ALL Zelda's were like this, but the quote makes it seem like they will change from now on. Sigh.

Side note: How are sword fights going to deal with blocking using the Rev controller? If I swing and the computer blocks, my hand keeps going through the motion but the sword on the screen stops . . . . .

4. Haoshiro macrumors 68000

Haoshiro

I suppose it could be possible, but it has been said many times that they try to make Link very expressive... you can't do that in FPS. :\

5. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

A robot will pop out of the Revolution and YANK your hand back to where it should be.

Actually most likely the on screen sword will stop and you'll just need to bring the controller back just like you would have to do if you were controlling it with a mouse.

6. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Aye I think 3rd person and top view Zelda's will be on handheld only from now on. I also think Nintendo could pull this off (Metroid Prime anyone?). So long as we'll have vast fields with bloom, HDR, high polygon counts in any resolution at progressive scan with that gyro controller - I'll be jolly.

7. Ja Di ksw thread starter macrumors 65816

Ja Di ksw

You know, I like my Metroid for DS, I really do, but I prefer the old metroids. I wouldn't mind them bringing back the old style.

8. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Oh yea the 2D Metroids are fantastic. I've still to play Super Metroid so I'm eagerly awaiting a Revolution just for that. But yea, the 2D games are great. But the 3D ones, they feel like a separate series. Just because they did take something as tried and tested as a popular 2D series and made the most atmospheric and highly rated game this generation. I think the series works great in both dimensions.

All we need now is a 4D Metroid :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

9. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

I still think that could work, what would be done is something similar to what was done in OoT and WW - have a third-person camera and first-person camera. The difference would be that the primary control camera would be first-person instead of third-person, with the third-person camera mode automatically activated for fixed conversations, boss encounters, and that sort of thing. It could also be manually enabled to make platform-jumping easier.

EDIT: Whoops, forgot to quote the post I was referring to. :eek:

10. rob finch macrumors member

Perhaps this clip here hinting at a Star Wars lightsabre game for the Revo might give an idea. It looks authentic, as it's well made, but I'll apologise in advance if it's fake. It's whetting my appetite for it even more though! If the sword fights in Zelda will work as well as this, I for one will be utterly addicted to it.

11. Moria macrumors regular

I was thinking the next one could be a MMORPG. It would work really well, especially if it was free. Search "Zelda MMORPG" on www.Revo-Europe.com/forum, there was a big topic about it once.

12. HiRez macrumors 603

HiRez

One thing that would be cool is if they could implement directional force-feedback into the Rev controller. It would be like the rumble function but it would physically move some weight inside the controller. So if you swing your sword and it hits a shield, you'd feel a little shove back away from the shield (it would adjust the direction for the angle you're holding the controller at). Only problem is space and power for such a device, but I don't see why it wouldn't be possible. It could have a weighted rubber ball inside with pistons that shove it or something.

13. Ja Di ksw thread starter macrumors 65816

Ja Di ksw

Wow, nice idea! I like that a lot.

14. Foxglove9 macrumors 65816

Foxglove9

I agree as well. As much as I like the Gamecube Metroids and from the little I played of the DS version I still prefer the 2-D style better for that type of game. Same goes for the Castlevania series.

But Zelda will continue to live on in its traditional form on handhelds for a long time to come. They still make side scrolling Mario games so 2-D isn't dead just yet! :D

15. BlizzardBomb macrumors 68030

BlizzardBomb

Well Nintendo keep saying they haven't told us everything about the Revolution, so anything is possible. Come on E3!

16. freiheit macrumors 6502a

3D First Person perspective games make me sick -- literally. I get physically ill from just a few minutes playing anything from Wolfenstein 3D to Doom 3. This is what kept me from jumping at the Game Cube -- I love Metroid but knew I'd never be able to enjoy Metroid Prime. If Zelda goes the same way, there won't be any point in me buying a Revolution.

Man, I've got problems when it comes to gaming. :)

17. SamJ macrumors member

NOOOO!

Zelda can absolutely not be a first person game. Maybe it could zoom into first person for certain fights etc.Now that I would like. By the way the revolution looks sweeeeet. I just watched the Zelda TP E3 2005 trailer the other day. MY GOD...that game is going to rule.