Zelda: TP Strategy Guide Collector's Edition

Discussion in 'Games' started by Bobdude161, Dec 21, 2006.

1. Bobdude161 macrumors 65816

Bobdude161

I finally got the Wii, but haven't touched it yet, because it's a Christmas present for me and my brother and my brother has no idea that my father actually got one. Anyways, while I was working at Best Buy, something caught my eye in the strategy guides. A brown hardback with gold-coated paper edges glimmered in the overhanging flourescent lights. It was the Zelda CE strategy guide! Awesome!! I don't even have the Zelda game yet and I just had to have it. How much did it cost you say? TEN BUCKS!! Not just for me but for you as well! It's on sale homie!! The price will jump back up to 30 something on Sunday.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. iLunar macrumors 6502

iLunar

Where did you find it for 10 bucks? Thanks for the pics, it looks really cool.

3. therevolution macrumors 6502

Read his post a little closer...

4. iLunar macrumors 6502

iLunar

Ooops, thanks for the heads up :eek:

5. ddrueckhammer macrumors 65816

ddrueckhammer

Cool!

(Getting in the car to go get mine...) Please don't be sold out. Please don't be sold out. Please don't be sold out.

6. huck500 macrumors 6502

huck500

With resources online like Gamefaqs, I just don't get the appeal of buying strategy guides.:confused:

7. SamIchi macrumors 68030

SamIchi

Yup got mine at BB the other day. It's a good deal, even though I'm not goin' to be usin' it for the walk through. Great collector's item. I wish they included a poster.

8. bobber205 macrumors 68020

bobber205

9. Xenious macrumors 6502a

Is anyone elses cover upside down/backwards? (ie you open the front and are looking at the last page upside down?)

I managed to get one like this (printing error). Figured I would just hang on to it rather than swap it out.

10. OnceUGoMac macrumors 6502a

OnceUGoMac

My girlfriend wanted to get it, but I reminded her that we got a free one with our Nintendo Power subscription.

11. Oblivious macrumors 6502

I see strategy guides as more of a collectors item than an actual tool to completing the game. Plus they usually have pretty screenshots and artwork in them.:p

12. Bobdude161 thread starter macrumors 65816

Bobdude161

I would just keep it. Maybe down the years you could sell it on eBay and say, "OMG I'm selling this vintage Zelda strategy guide with a cover that's upside down!!! Only 5 of these were made like this!!" and make big bucks. :D

moving on, I don't buy strategy guides either. This is a first since the time I bought the Turok 2 strategy for N64. And that was 7 or 8 years ago.

13. bobber205 macrumors 68020

bobber205

Don't bother with Bestbuy.com

They don't have it. :(

Man! I wish my area had a best buy. :mad:

14. Bobdude161 thread starter macrumors 65816

Bobdude161

Hmmm, I'll be there tomorrow for work. I'll see what the SKU (no not the UPC, SKU is different) for it is. The SKU number can typed into the Best Buy search engine for a more specific search. The BB search engine is to say the least semi-functional. It has issues with finding alot of things. It's annoying...

15. bobber205 macrumors 68020

bobber205

Yes. Yes. Be sure to report that asap. I want that guide badly.... :D

16. Gizmotoy macrumors 65816

Gizmotoy

They have it on their website now. Only 1 store within a 60 mile radius still has one, and you can't order it online and pick it up in the store. It doesn't say you can't, it just doesn't put the "Add to cart" button next to the store name. The online store is sold out too. Oh well.

17. Cameront9 macrumors 6502a

Cameront9

My computer is not right next to me when I'm playing the game. Far from it, actually. True, it's a laptop, but I don't want it sitting on the carpet, choking itself and running out of juice when I'm trying to figure out where to go or what to do.

And sometimes, the visual screenshots are a Godsend. I will shamelessly admit to using a strategy guide nearly 85% of the way with Metroid Prime 2: Echoes, because I just didn't have the time to fully explore. There's NO WAY that I would have been able to figure out where the heck I was supposed to go with just a bunch of text.