Zelda: Twilight Princess get's upgraded

Discussion in 'Games' started by GFLPraxis, May 23, 2006.

1. macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

2. macrumors newbie

That is tres sexual. Having that and the Wii the second they are released!

3. macrumors 68030

BlizzardBomb

Don't you hate it when they tease us like this :eek:

4. macrumors 68020

srobert

Very nice. Looks like a very polished game. I only wih they had used orchestrated music. It sounds a little too midi ^_^

Is there supposed to be a difference between the Gamecube's and Wii's graphics for this game?

5. macrumors Core

Dagless

On a G3 system released in 2001 too.

Utterly amazing. Whats also good is that this will have next to no loading times too. Gotta love Nintendo. Twilight Princess is the only game to knock off OoT as the best game of all time™
    I'd love to know how they're squeezing each drop of the GC's power.

6. thread starter macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

According to Nintendo Power, the game is entirely orchestrated. I have an mp3 track from Twilight Princess, which I've burned to a CD and played in surround sound in my car. Wow. It's nice :)

7. macrumors 68020

srobert

Very good to hear that the final version will sport orchestrated music. I find that video games are a good source of excellent classical music ^_^ Too bad the soundtracks ore so expensive to import. I would gladly pay for a "collectors' edition" of Twilight Princess if it included the soundtrack's CD.

8. macrumors Core

Dagless

Sorry, this is my key word since E3. I've mentioned this to a few people but heres the forum bit;

Watch the trailer. The Gamecube version has bloom lighting. Fancy that! How they got that in there is pretty amazing. Notably the man with the goggles has a green glow where the light hits his skin and even more so when Wolf link is walking in that orange scene.

To put this in perspective and to help you all understand how big this is; I've yet to see a PS2 or Xbox game use bloom. They simply don't use it (even though the 360 is over-saturated with it in some games).

9. MRU
    macrumors demi-god

MRU

Yes. The Wii version will be tweaked, a tiny amount, and run in 16:9 progressive whereas the cube will be 4:3 progressive only....

10. macrumors 68020

srobert

Yowza! That's good to hear. 16:9 alone make it an even better deal for me.

Edit: Twilight Princess music's composed by Koji Kondo. Should be good.

Edit2: I've downloaded the MP3 from IGN but the tags are all wrong. (Allman Brothers Band???) Anybody can send me the correct tags's data? I really like this track.

_

Attached Files:

11. thread starter macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

A tiny amount? The people in line with me who were at E3 last year were commenting on the visible difference between the GameCube and Wii versions.

12. thread starter macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Everything has bloom with you :p

13. macrumors Core

Dagless

Aye! But it's such a nice thing to have. Blame HL2 Lost Coast demo. but I love it :)

Does that music make anyone else's skin tingle? I finally fixed my amp's speaker switch to pump this track out of my incredible wall speakers. Sweet god. sweet, sweet god. This is what the Loudness button was invented for.

14. macrumors 68020

srobert

Use of Bloom can clearly be seen in the screenshot attached below.

_

Attached Files:

15. macrumors 6502a

So I have a question:

What's the story with this new Zelda game--will it be on both the Gamecube and the Wii? Will there be two different versions of the game?

16. MRU
    macrumors demi-god

MRU

Cool, I knew there was some, but didn't want to over state it in case i was wrong :p

Definetly the wii version for me..... Just hope I can wii before christmas..

17. macrumors 68000

There are 2 versions, but only in that one is on a physically bigger disk, has bumped graphics and uses the Wii controller rather than the GC one

18. macrumors regular

Its the same game. The Cube version is made to be used with a game cube controller and the wii version uses the wii controller. I hear the wii version looks better too. However I heard the GC version plays better. This is based on what several video game sites have said based on comparing previous GC builds to the wii version. It kind of makes sense though. The GC version should be more polished from the fact it's been in production for so long. I heard the wii version had tricky controls and the added game play elements seemed rushed and not as put together as Nintendo would have you think. I imagine this will change, the game still has a few months of development time.

19. macrumors 65816

Ja Di ksw

If that's the case, it would be nice if you could still use the Game Cube controller on the Wii version. Get the better graphics and the better controls. I'd probably still be using the Wii controller, though.

20. thread starter macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

What are you talking about? Give me a link.
    The Wii version plays EXACTLY like the GameCube version, except you can aim weapons like the arrows and boomerang and grappling claw using the Wiimote (MUCH better) and you can OPTIONALLY swing the nunchuck for shortcuts to special attacks, or you can use the exact same button setup as the GameCube version.

How would the GC version play better? :confused: Having played the Wii version, there was nothing wrong with it...

And I'm not kidding, you can literally control it exactly like the GC version on the Wii. The Z button on the nunchuck locks on, the joystick moves you, the B button attacks with the sword, the A button does actions and jumping attacks and finishing moves, and your weapons are mapped to the D-pad buttons. On the Wii.

21. macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

You sure do love your bloom.....the game looks very nice...i won't bother getting it for the GC..just the Wii.

Bless

22. macrumors 68030

BlizzardBomb

Only time will tell if that's true. If Twilight Princess can beat OoT's many perfect reviews than I would be quite surprized.

23. macrumors Core

Dagless

oops, I mean only TP has the potential to knock the crown off OoT.
    and yea you're right. OoT is as close to gaming perfection as we can get. I just hope, I think TP can do this. If only the Wii and TP came out during my summer holidays :( Instead of y'know, when I'm due back at university for my final year. busybusy

24. macrumors regular

This is just what I've read. I'd have to find you the link (too many E3 links to count. LOL). Although I've yet to play a build of both games. I'd personally have to make a judgment call once both versions are out.

25. macrumors member