Discussion in 'iPod' started by ddk121, Sep 14, 2006.

1. ddk121 macrumors 6502

Apr 23, 2006
    Wales, UK
    I got an ipod and are looking for a new gadget to play around with. I am looking at the creative zen's. But is there a way i can transfer purchased itunes music to it?
  2. aristobrat macrumors G4

Oct 14, 2005
    As far as I know, music purchased at the iTunes Music Store is protected with DRM called "FairPlay" that only Apple's iPods can use.

You could always burn your purchased iTunes store music to a music CD and rerip it back to your computer, but I guess there's some quality loss with that, plus you have to reenter the songs name, artist, etc.

There is also another newly released program that's supposed to remove Apple's DRM, but I haven't played with it myself.
  3. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

Jan 8, 2005
    You bought an iPodn and now you're thinking about a Zen?
  4. aristobrat macrumors G4

Oct 14, 2005
    I went the other way.

After having had a few Creative products over the years, I happily switched to the iPod. (Granted this was a few years ago, ... don't know how good the Creative stuff has become since, but I'm perfectly happy with my iPod!)
  5. wwooden macrumors 68000

Jul 26, 2004
    Burlington, VT
    If I were interested in getting a new toy, I would get a Nintendo DS Lite. They really are a lot of fun.

I just don't understand why you would need another music player, unless you are unhappy with the iPod. I would get something that is made for a different use, like playing games. But that is just my 2 cents. :)