Zero Halliburton

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by eVolcre, May 15, 2006.

1. eVolcre macrumors 65816

eVolcre

So does anyone have any direct experience with these cases? I'm looking at the Deluxe 5" case which should hold my MBP17 and accessories when I travel. I was hoping to use it as a normal briefcase when I reach my destination with files etc alongwith the laptop without cables and peripherals.

How bulky do they look? And is it a cool look or tacky? The website pics really make it tough to see what it looks like in 'real life'

eV

2. bigboy99 macrumors 6502

These cases are terrific, and pricey. You may notice strangers staring at you, but it will be with envy.

3. eVolcre thread starter macrumors 65816

eVolcre

Relatively pricey. But when your laptop and camera cost upwards of 4 grand, the security is worth it.

Do you have one? How big does it feel? The website has dimensions but it's not too descriptive. Can you also use it as a professional business briecase? How about colors? Which one looks the coolest - silver or gunmetal?

Finally, do you have any pics? I'd love to see it being held in someones hand to get a feeling of its size

eV

4. disconap macrumors 68000

disconap

I would never own anything with the name "Halliburton".

5. bigboy99 macrumors 6502

Travel can bring the most sophiticated hardware to it's knees. These cases not only protect the equipment, they do it in 007 style. I used to have a black slim-line briefcase many years ago.

Zero Halliburton started out making 19" racks for military gear in WWII, and has morphed into one of the world's premier case makers for high tech hardware of all kinds.

The model list is extensive, and they offer a good selection of colors.

Look at these sites...
    http://www.zerocorp.com/index.html
    http://www.zerohalliburton.com/index.jsp
    http://www.tocad.com/zero.html

6. bigboy99 macrumors 6502

Why not? You own four Macintosh products. ;)

7. eVolcre thread starter macrumors 65816

eVolcre

I ended up going with the Laptop Armor case from Matias. Looks great and about half the price of the Halliburton ..

eV

8. bigboy99 macrumors 6502

Please drop a note after you've had a ride with it.

9. dpaanlka macrumors 601

dpaanlka

You would never want to own one of the greatest computer cases in the world?

Why? Because "Halliburton" is also the name of a completely unrelated major energy and infrastructure company that has made countless advancements and contributions to the industry in it's rich 87 year history? Is that the reason?

Well that certainly is a silly reason, if you ask me. The cases are awesome!

10. Xeem macrumors 6502a

Xeem

They look great, but unfortunately I think that they scream "steal me!!!!!!"

11. disconap macrumors 68000

disconap

And the "missed the joke" award goes to...

;)

12. dpaanlka macrumors 601

dpaanlka

No, not missed, just not amused by. Halliburton/Iraq/Bush jokes are getting really old around here.

13. eVolcre thread starter macrumors 65816

eVolcre

ESPECIALLY when we're talking about frigging bags for my laptop. I wasn't amused either.

Anyway, the bag was delivered today. I haven't opened the box yet, as soon as I do I'll post some first impressions.

It was 175 + shipping. I got it in a day. And it is the 'slim' kind, which looked sleeker than the Halliburtons

eV

14. disconap macrumors 68000

disconap

So when things get old you ignore their context? Seems like an odd reaction to me...

15. dpaanlka macrumors 601

dpaanlka

Keep political jokes in the political forum. Not everybody might agree with you're view of what's funny. If you care to notice, the original poster didn't find it funny either.

16. disconap macrumors 68000

disconap

17. imacintel macrumors 68000

HA! My dad works for Halliburton And that is why my iMac is here today...lol

18. eVolcre thread starter macrumors 65816

eVolcre

I opened up the box today and the bag looks fantastic. I haven't seen the Halliburtons in person n but my concern was that it would look too bulky. The laptop armor looks really sleek. I haven't played with all the stuff it can carry but looks wise, its going to work both as a laptop bag and also as an everyday briefcase.

I'm not quite sure how to review a bag so if you have any specific questions, post here, and I'll try and answer them.

This is the one I have ... http://www.matias.ca/laptoparmor/la1417b.php

eV