ZeroShock is the way to go PB users. If you are looking for carrying case.....

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by SolidGun, Aug 3, 2004.

1. SolidGun macrumors 6502

SolidGun

Deleted by SolidGun

Slughead says this is forum violation, so I decided to remove it. If you would like to read what I said before see the next post quotes.
    Sorry for this, I guess I don't remember reading that violation.

2. slughead macrumors 68030

slughead

Well that was a solid violation of forum policy.

And so is this: **** **** BALLS COCK ASS POOP BARBARA STREISAND!

3. stoid macrumors 601

stoid

I've got the Tom Bihn Brain Cell, and I find that it too does an incredible job of protecting my valuable investment.

4. atari1356 macrumors 68000

atari1356

I don't think his post was a violation of forum policy, yours however clearly is...

5. Vector macrumors 6502a

Vector

6. mac_gal macrumors member

:confused:

Maybe I just missed something, but how did the original post violate forum policy?

7. scottwat macrumors regular

Hello Violation???

Where are you mister violation?? All I see is a guy stroking his sleeve too much. He doesnt seem to be affiliated with shinza, though he seems pretty partial.

8. SolidGun thread starter macrumors 6502

SolidGun

Here's the original post, luckily I cut it and haven't copied anything in hours....

I just received my ZeroShock from Shinza.com and I must say this carrying case is worth all the recommendations from other members and Approx. $40 I spent on it. I figured some foam material that is covered by some colored cloth would arrive at my door.
    But I am amazed by the quality and functionality of this ZeroShock case.
    The protective layer that is shown feels just like my viscoelastic memory cell mattress. I could use this case as a pillow if I wanted to. For those of you that have been hesitating to get a case for your PB, you should get the ZeroShock. This is going to fit well in the notebook backpack that I have and certain give that extra protection with school stuff that I have to haul all over the campus.

PS: I got the grey one thinking that it would match better with the PB, but I will recommend Black to be more stylish and it may appear cleaner as well.

9. shecky Guest

shecky

yeah.................and............................? i don't see any violation.

10. Vector macrumors 6502a

Vector

I think he just thought you were trying to sell something, either that or he's just crazy.

11. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Duff-Man

Duff-Man says...I don't see any real problem with that either...seems no different to me than all the posts we get naming Crucial as *the* place to buy ram. So this guy bought a case for his laptop, he's very happy with it, and shares his opinion....isn't that what this forum is for? ...oh yeah!

12. kant macrumors 6502

How about puncture damage protection? Will it withstand something pointy and heavy falling on it?

13. Coolvirus007 macrumors regular

How about nuclear explosion damage protection? Will it withstand a nuclear blast with a damage radius of 200 miles. Just kiddin' :D

14. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

Don't worry about violations. If it is the mods will put the post in Wasteland.

15. michaelrjohnson macrumors 68020

Where's the violation? :confused:

Anyhow, I prefer the Tucano SecondSkin Neoprene Sleeve. It provides 100% scratch protection, about 100% ding protection, but not much drop protection. But I am not locked into using a specific "laptop bag". I can just put my PowerBook in any bag that I happen to be using, and not worry about it.

16. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Why neoprene cases? I really don't know what protection neoprene offers. Sure it feels good, and is used for scuba diving and for ski masks since it's so breathable, but what will it do for a laptop? I like solid cases.

17. michaelrjohnson macrumors 68020

Like I stated before, it provides 100% scratch protection (the neoprene is at least 1/4 in thick), and unless I hit my PowerBook with a hammer, little bumps won't dent the laptop (the neoprene is squishy enough to absorb some impacts). Also, it hugs the case to the tightest possible fit (I don't want to carry around "extra" bag, so my laptop is as small as it can be).

The only downside is drop protection, from a good height, I doubt the 1/4 in Neoprene will protect it much... maybe make it bounce higher... but I"m not about to try it. Then again, how much drop protection to most sleeves have?

It's the best, IMHO. My laptop case hugs the laptop, so there's no extra "bag" for my PB to float around in.

18. scottwat macrumors regular

Snugness

Not sure thats a word but how would you rate the snugness of either the tucano or the zeroshock. I'm trying to decide between the tucano zeroshock and the crumpler for a 12" powerbook. And I think they all look nice. I just want to make sure they have a nice snug fit.

19. michaelrjohnson macrumors 68020

I have owned a Tucano sleeve for a 12" iBook G4, as well as my current 12" PowerBook. For both of them, once the computer is in the sleeve, and its zipped closed, there is *zero* airspace in the case. It hugs the conturs of both machines *completely*.

I can send pics, if requested. Just let me know.

20. SolidGun thread starter macrumors 6502

SolidGun

As for the ZeroShock, there is a little room left inside the case, but not enough to cause the PB to move about. I think I could fit some smaller accessories in, as long as I place it in a pouch or something to prevent them from scratching my PB. (This was for 12", I wouldn't know what it is like for larger PBs with larger ZeroShock)

21. wPod macrumors 68000

wPod

is it really a violation? cause there must be a hundred violations of 'man this apple powerbook is the best!!!' . . . heh

ok. . . i guess someone shouldnt advertise their product here. . .

but it is ok to recomend a good PB case when someone asks, right? cause whenever someone asks (and im sure you all know there are many threads of 'what bag should i get for my new iBook/PB?') i always respond with the case i have which i think rocks!!!

22. Champale macrumors member

Hmmm

Right. Not sure what the violation was. But I too have been torn between the Tucano and the Shinza. In the end, the Shinza was out of stock for 15" PBs until Sept. so I went with the Tucano.

It's grey Sleek looking without being gaudy. I like it quite a bit. Indeed it's a very snug fit. I like the fact the the zippers are designed so that a bit of material separates them from the case, thereby enhancing the "no scratch" factor.

I'm tempted to buy the Shinza later as an exercise to compare the two.

But I'm quite happy with the Tucano. Just be aware that I'm not quite sure how drop protection will be. It's definitely good for scratch protection!

23. scottwat macrumors regular

How is the padding?

From what I can tell about the tucano and the shinza, the shinza has a looser fit (is it really that loose? atleast in the 12") but has more padded protection. The tucano has a snugger fit but not much padding? It sounds to me like the tucano is basically a wet suit for the laptop.

24. titaniumducky macrumors 6502a

titaniumducky

I really like my Tom Bihn Monolith. I fits perfectly in a normal backpack and provides excellent foam protection inside but hard protection outside.