Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

buckuxc

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 28, 2003
hey all,

Well, it's official. I am a Switcher. I received my 12" PB in the mail the other day. I'm a little disappointed it didn't come with iLife '04 already installed. That was a little annoying, since I ordered the night of the keynote. Otherwise, I'm happy as a pig in sh*t :D

So anyway, now I need a case for it. I found the ZeroShock case and I think it's exactly what I want. Does anyone have one? Any opinions or info on them? Thanks.

sps

jxyama

macrumors 68040
Apr 3, 2003
i saw that case in japan... it's not very snug, that's about the only thing i found wrong with it. inside the case, there's some room for the PB to move around... the material itself is very shock absorbing and very nice. but the lack of snuggness bothered me so i decided against it.

i have incase bag originally designed for 12" iBook. it's snug and very good.

KBFinFan

macrumors 6502
May 30, 2003
Connecticut, USA
Tom Bihn Brain Cell is a very snug and well protected sleeve...

Not to criticize you buckuxc (I had a post like this too) but maybe a sticky or a list of sleeve/bag manufacturers just as a handy resource for all of is in search of the perfect bag for the perfect laptop.

Just my $.02....

JCT

macrumors 6502
Jan 5, 2004
Tucson, AZ
As one new switcher to another (well, partial...still have a PC desktop) ...Welcome! I bought a 12" PB a few weeks ago and it hasn't left my side since.

I bought a Marware sportfolio for my 12" PB ..fits like a glove and I toss it in my everyday satchel for work. The zipper region is well designed to avoid scratches and it is cool looking. Marware

They have others that have handles, etc.

I ordered directly from the company and they ship quickly.

Good luck,

JT

rlhubley

macrumors member
Dec 15, 2003
Austin
You know, I am quite happy with my Belkin Freeport II bag, however the sleeve is meant for a 15" laptop, and my iBook is 12".

Can anyone offern any advice a top-loading sleeve for a 12" ibook? I want top-loading so that it fits in my backpack and offers quick access.

Col127

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2003
the zeroshock case is more like a sleeve in my opinion. i purchased one when i got my 12" pb back in september. it's good protection, though i wouldn't suggest dropping it :p

with the tom brain cell, dropping it could be okay because the laptop is actually sitting in the case, above the ground. but the case was too bulky fo rme.

i use the zeroshock case to put into my laptop bag, for extra padding, so if i dropped my backpack, nothing would happen.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.