ZeroShock sleeves in the UK

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by MemphisSoulStew, Nov 27, 2004.

1. MemphisSoulStew macrumors regular

If you're in the UK and trying to decide whether to order a ZeroShock from Shinza don't bother because PC World have them back in stock in 3 sizes (they had them earlier in the year but sold out.)

The smallest is slightly larger than a 12" PB so it's not snug like a Tucano Second Skin, but it's a narrow sleeve so when it's zipped up the 'book doesn't move around inside. The best thing is the 12" version is just £9.99, far cheaper than shipping in from the US at $29.95 plus postage.

2. Lau Guest

Thanks - I'd thought about these but PC World only had the giant ones for my 12" baby to be rattling around in when I was looking for a case. Glad to see there's more coming in, although I have ended up making my own case in the end. Cheers!

3. uh-oh macrumors newbie

sleeves!

I'm getting a new Powerbook G4 in aluminium... apparently, it's a bit wider than the titanium one.... do you know if the zeroshock medium size will fit the PB 15inch or should I get the next size up? But... I don't think it will be snug though...

4. MemphisSoulStew thread starter macrumors regular

In the UK the medium size sleeve is for 14" laptops, while the largest is for 15", so I'd get the largest if I were you. If the 15" is like the 12" there'll be some room around the PB, but because of the shallow depth of the sleeve the PB will be held tightly inside and shouldn't slide around.

5. EGT macrumors 68000

EGT

I got a Shinza Zeroshock sleeve a while ago and honestly i don't think its very good. My brother uses it with his Dell Laptop.

£9.99 is quite a good price when compared with ordering direct.

6. EAM macrumors newbie

I want to get a sleeve for my laptop, but don't know what to get.

I just got it for Christmas :D , but don't want to have to deal with the case, but I still want it to be safe.

From left to right it's 12 inches (including the frame).

What is the best one u guys have seen, for that size?

One in the US so I won't have to pay for shipping?

And one that won't be sliding around inside, I want it to be secure and safe.

Don't forget style! :rolleyes: