Zinio - just noticed it in applications - what is this? O_o

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by shuurajou, Jan 29, 2005.

1. shuurajou macrumors regular

Jan 25, 2005
    Bristol, England.
    I didn't notice it until the other day, but there's an odd program called 'Zinio' - something about publishing is all I can see. But I never chose to install this before... it strikes me as odd, I don't know if anybody has any idea where this might of come from? I also had some strange folder in french appear with a program installed - again - nothing of my doing - any idea's guys?

Thanks for the help as always.
  2. nospleen macrumors 68000

Dec 8, 2002
    It allows you to read digital magazines. It is pretty neat and comes pre loaded. I use it with macworld.
  3. tubedogg macrumors regular

Dec 18, 2003

Zinio comes with the system. It's an electronic magazine reader...you can subscribe to magazines and each month you download the issue and read it on your computer. I subscribed to a few magazines in this format a couple of years ago, it's not horrible though at that time the client was kind of slow.
  4. shuurajou thread starter macrumors regular

Jan 25, 2005
    Bristol, England.
    *Phew* Thought it was some strange thing that found it's way onto my system without me knowing! Thanks for putting my mind at rest guys, I feel silly now.

I only hope that in time that the show will be on the other foot and I'll be helping other people more :).
  5. Lacero macrumors 604

Jan 20, 2005
    Zinio is pretty cool, although a tad slow on my powerbook.
  6. kugino macrumors 65816

Jul 10, 2003
    yeah, it's pretty cool when it actually works. it's a pain to setup, imo. plus, it adds some zinio download manager into your startup items w/out asking, which is totally not cool.