Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

adl27

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 21, 2012
Zinio is running a 2 years for the price of 1 special on a magazine that I am interested in. The magazine(Martha Stewart Food) also has its own dedicated app, and the magazine would show up in Newstand. I've never bought a subscription through Zinio and am wondering if there is a huge difference or a reason not to use the better deal?

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
I just tried newsstand and I really like it but zinio's pricing in some cases works out better. What I do like about Zinio's is that I can zoom. This would be useful to you since that mag has recipies. Unless I'm doing something wrong in newsstand, I couldn't zoom. Point is, I'd go with whatever service gave me the best price.

Spankey

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2007
NJ
I just switched my subs over to newsstand. More of the magazines I want and in most cases you are getting a better multimedia experience.

Really enjoying the Newsstand magazines.

vertigo235

macrumors 6502
Jun 6, 2009
Zino is better because text scales and is crisp, where newsstand it appears to be pixelated and unclear.

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008
Sunny, Southern California
Another vote for Zinio. I have several subscriptions going through them. Love the fact I can have X number of magazines on my iPad at one time. Great for travel and just sitting and reading.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.