Zinio Subscription vs Newstand Subscription

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by adl27, Apr 21, 2012.

1. macrumors newbie

Apr 21, 2012
    Zinio is running a 2 years for the price of 1 special on a magazine that I am interested in. The magazine(Martha Stewart Food) also has its own dedicated app, and the magazine would show up in Newstand. I've never bought a subscription through Zinio and am wondering if there is a huge difference or a reason not to use the better deal?
  2. macrumors Nehalem

Feb 19, 2005
    I just tried newsstand and I really like it but zinio's pricing in some cases works out better. What I do like about Zinio's is that I can zoom. This would be useful to you since that mag has recipies. Unless I'm doing something wrong in newsstand, I couldn't zoom. Point is, I'd go with whatever service gave me the best price.
  3. macrumors 6502a

Oct 28, 2006
    Chicago, IL
    Automatically downloads your magazines.
  4. macrumors 6502

Sep 30, 2007
    I just switched my subs over to newsstand. More of the magazines I want and in most cases you are getting a better multimedia experience.

Really enjoying the Newsstand magazines.
  5. macrumors 6502

Jun 6, 2009
    Zino is better because text scales and is crisp, where newsstand it appears to be pixelated and unclear.
  6. macrumors G3

Jan 9, 2008
    Sunny, Southern California
    Another vote for Zinio. I have several subscriptions going through them. Love the fact I can have X number of magazines on my iPad at one time. Great for travel and just sitting and reading.