Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fly2europa

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 27, 2009
Chicago
Folks, I am able to compress and un-compress files using zlib, but only one file at a time. I need a way to archive files into zip, or tar, or etc. before i compress or un-compress them on the iphone / itouch. Some forums talk about zip, but I had a hard time getting it to work. Any thoughts on how a tar lib can work with iphone sdk to do this on the device? Anything can be taken from the os x?

All the best, thanks.

jnic

macrumors 6502a
Oct 24, 2008
Cambridge
Folks, I am able to compress and un-compress files using zlib, but only one file at a time. I need a way to archive files into zip, or tar, or etc. before i compress or un-compress them on the iphone / itouch. Some forums talk about zip, but I had a hard time getting it to work. Any thoughts on how a tar lib can work with iphone sdk to do this on the device? Anything can be taken from the os x?

All the best, thanks.

There are plenty of free C implementations of tar, just pick one with a compatible licence and import it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.