Zodiac killer case/70's era?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by princealfie, Mar 2, 2007.

1. princealfie macrumors 68030

princealfie

Does anyone here remember the days of the Zodiac killer? I can't wait to see the movie but I was wondering whether anyone had feared the man who is still an unsolved mystery.

It's strange that the case never got solved but any potential suspects?

What was it like back then during the late 60's or early 70's? :(

2. Diatribe macrumors 601

Diatribe

This is pretty interesting: http://www.mikecole.org/zodiac/two_theories/1.2/

3. jayb2000 macrumors 6502a

jayb2000

I don't remember it, but I read Zodiac by Robert Graysmith
    and it was good. He updated it after the person he believed was Zodiac died.

I am looking forward to the movie, I like the cast and director, so I am hoping it will be good.

4. Diatribe macrumors 601

Diatribe

The only problem a lot of people seem to have with the book is the amount of unsubstancial guessing involved and presenting it as fact.

Anyway though, the movie has been out for a while now and is already on DVD, what do you guys mean by waiting for it?:confused:

5. princealfie thread starter macrumors 68030

princealfie

What? I don't recall the Zodiac movie directed by David Fincher to be on DVD yet? :D

6. Diatribe macrumors 601

Diatribe

Yeah, you're right, I just checked. The movie I was talking about was called the Zodiac Killer and apparently it sucked. :D

7. mashinhead macrumors 68020

I have already seen Zodiac (not the Zodiac Killer), because Fincher is my favorite director. I really didn't know anything about this case before I watched this movie. The movie was really good. I very rarely get scared in movies, but there is just one part that clenched every muscle in my body as I watched it. My hands were gripped to the arm rest. I don't want to say much without giving anything away. So i'll just say it involved "the basement." (How's that for creepy) Anyway you'll know what i'm talking about when you see it.

I read a little about the case after watching it and the most interesting part is that he wrote 4 ciphers and only 1, and not even the whole one at that was ever decoded to this day. They must contain so much evidence and insight.

The other thing that stood out to me, is that whoever this guy was who did this had to be wicked bright. I mean a very intelligent sort of person. And the portrayal of the main suspect in this film doesn't seem to match with my idea of what sort of person would be capable of something like that.

The movie is pretty long but it's pretty engaging, you don't really feel it, it sucks you in like a good book. It's a great kind of movie for Fincher, takes you back to his Se7en days. Some of the overhead shots especially are really great.

But nothing will ever beat Fight Club.