zogby: 1/2 nyc'ers think admin knew about 9/11 & decided not to act

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by zimv20, Aug 30, 2004.

1. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

link

2. SPG macrumors 65816

SPG

What was the name of the memo?
    Bin Laden Determined to Strike in the US?
    When did they get it?
    Where was Bush?
    What did he do?
    Wasn't Ashcroft told that terrorism would be his number one priority?
    What did he focus on? (hint: it wasn't terrorism)
    After 9/11 who opposed the investigation?

Gee I wonder why New Yorkers would think there was some bad leadership prior to 9/11 and maybe something more to the story.

3. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Great, so now we have a significant percentage of the right who believes Saddam was involved in 9/11, and a significant percentage of the left who thinks this administration is covering up advance knowledge of the attacks.

And ne'er the two shall meet.

Where are these people getting their news?

4. Leo Hubbard macrumors newbie

Again you are going with a falacy. Or at least that is what I think it is called.
    Those one the right don't think Saddam was involved in 9/11. They think Saddam was involved in supporting terrorism. Its not the same thing.

5. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

God, how many more times do we have to trawl over the same ground, Leo? If making charity payments to the families of dead suicide bombers is what you are talking about, say so, because that sure as hell isn't a justification for war.

(And why is it taking so long to get through to the server? Anyone would think something big had happened at Apple... ;) )

6. toontra macrumors 6502

But skunk, you have to go light on Leo here. He's every reason to be "confused". During the RNC this week we'll see Bush et al attempting, by inference, careful scripting & juxtaposition, to infer that they are indeed linked, simply by repeatedly mentioning Iraq & 9/11 in the same speeches, nay, the same sentences, in the same impassioned tone and with the sole aim of confusing people into thinking that Saddam was somehow responsible.

They've been doing it (successfully, going by the polls) for two years, and it ain't going to stop any time soon.

7. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Polls showed that many people believed Saddam had something to do with 9/11. FOX news views were the most likely to be misinformed on this point. Would you like me to find you links Leo? And stop this 'again with the falacy' thing.

8. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

9. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Or spell it fallaciously.

10. 2jaded2care macrumors 6502

Mr. Ashcroft and I would prefer if you guys would kindly drape some cloth and cover those fallacies... it upsets our sensibilities. ;)

11. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

12. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

LOL! :D Nothing wrong in standing up for your country...

13. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

No, I think that would be boobery.

14. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

15. themadchemist macrumors 68030

themadchemist

Misinformation is a shame on either end of the spectrum. Bush bungled it up, that's for sure, but he didn't consciously ignore a disaster that he knew would occur. Instead, his administration is guilty of not taking the threat seriously enough.

This is analogous to a murder trial. Apparently, half of NYCers think that the Bush Administration is guilty of first or second degree murder, while it's probably the case that it is only :rolleyes: guilty of negligent manslaughter.

Even the latter deserves a sentence of no more than one (1) term in the Presidency.

16. Backtothemac macrumors 601

Backtothemac

And that poll proves that the general population are a bunch of uninformed idiots.

17. diamond geezer macrumors regular

Judging by polls that show Bush is still ahead, you must be right.

18. toontra macrumors 6502

How about a bunch of misinformed idiots.

19. Backtothemac macrumors 601

Backtothemac

No, by this definition, I would say uninformed.
    un·in·formed
    adj.

Not having, showing, or making use of information; not informed: uninformed voters; an uninformed decision.

20. zimv20 thread starter macrumors 601

zimv20

regardless of what led new yorkers to such conclusions, are you enjoying the irony of the GOP picking NYC for its convention? i can't think of anywhere else in the country where this administration is so widely despised and untrusted.

21. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

You obviously haven't been to Berkeley in a while... :p

Regardless, you are mostly correct. And it does play into Rove's hands to have it in a place where so much protesting by the wild-eyed liberal hordes will be sure to happen. If the GOP convention had happened in say... Houston there wouldn't be nearly as many protesters around for the simple fact that people would have to travel.

Boston isn't known as a bastion of conservatism, you know. The GOP picked NY very carefully.

22. zimv20 thread starter macrumors 601

zimv20

'91, iirc.

your point is well taken. i imagine madison, WI, is up there as well, in terms of per capita. for sheer numbers of anti-bu****es, nyc was an interesting choice for the convention.

though the "rest of us" (i.e. non-new yorkers) can sit back and judge how "idiotic" (bttm's term) that 50% is, that is the population that had to deal with the worst of it. i think that should count for something.

23. Leo Hubbard macrumors newbie

Who actually gets counted by polls, those idiots who actually answer phone calls from phone solicitors? I myself got rid of my home phone, cell phone was more than enough. I don't think they poll an even distribution of those on the right in getting their figures, and as such do not be surprised on election day if we discovered the polls were completly wrong.