zogby poll: first time bush job performance has more unfavorable

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by zimv20, Sep 6, 2003.

1. macrumors 601

zimv20

http://www.zogby.com/news/ReadNews.dbm?ID=732

so what's rove gonna do to turn this around? start another war? sound the terrorist alert more frequently?

hope for another terrorist attack?

2. macrumors 6502

Re: zogby poll: first time bush job performance has more unfavorable

9/11 was the best thing that ever happened to Bush. He believes in Machiavellian’s principle of 'The ends justify the means'. Meaning, if it takes another 3000 people to die for him to get reelected, that is fine by him.

--Waluigi

3. macrumors 68000

Daveman Deluxe

I've disapproved of Dubya since the war against the Taliban got bogged down about January/February 2002. I barely approved of him after 9/11.

I'm voting for a third-party candidate this time around (too young last time) just so he/she can get 5% and hopefullly a big wad of cash to run a real campaign the time after that.

I don't think Bush gives a damn about the death toll; if I were in the military I would be insulted by his famous landing in a Navy jet. He and his staff are clearly disconnected from the real situation in Iraq, their post-war "plan" clearly shows this.

4. macrumors 68000

Sayhey

It looks as if he is gearing up for a new "compassionate conservatism" offensive. Bush's recent statements on unemployment and education makes it look like they think they can pull the same trick twice. No substance, but plenty of rhetoric. If nothing else he is going to push for more tax cuts. As an economist he is a "one-trick pony," so I don't see any real initiatives there. If they decide to expand the war, my bet is on Syria. Iran is much too difficult and North Korea is so unstable that who knows what could happen. All they have to do is explain how Saddam secretly moved all those WMDs across the border into the hands of his bitter enemy, oops, I mean dearest ally.

5. macrumors 603

shadowfax

oh for christ's sake man. that's really out of line, don't you think? i mean, really, i don't think it fits your style to make light of terrorism and war like that.

6. thread starter macrumors 601

zimv20

Re: Re: zogby poll: first time bush job performance has more unfavorable

would you agree that 9/11 was the best thing that happened to the bush presidency?

7. macrumors 603

shadowfax

Re: Re: Re: zogby poll: first time bush job performance has more unfavorable

from a popularity perspective? sure. do i think that they are that sinisterly evil to hope for it? no! he would have to be saddam--i mean, satan. that's unconcscionable, and i don't think it's good to make jokes about it.

take it from american television, it's better to joke about homosexuality and racism... :rolleyes:

8. macrumors G3

QCassidy352

Re: Re: zogby poll: first time bush job performance has more unfavorable

are you denying that Bush starts wars and uses terrorism alerts for personal political ends??

It's not like he's the first president to do it... Remember how Clinton started dropping bombs the day after the Lewinsky affair came to light? Not that Clinton was the first either!

But it's absolutely not a joke or making light of the situation to say that presidents use these things for political reasons. That may be sad, but it's true.

9. macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

I agree. Rather than condemn zim for "making light" of the situation, why not condemn Bush for creating the situation zim is attacking?

10. thread starter macrumors 601

zimv20

Re: Re: Re: Re: zogby poll: first time bush job performance has more unfavorable

(didn't see your reply 'til just now)

i believe that, in the adminstration, shock gave way quickly to recognition of opportunity.

there are reports that, on 9/11, rumsfeld was asking, "how can we pin this on iraq?"