Zooba.com, anyone try it?

Discussion in 'Community' started by PlaceofDis, Apr 25, 2004.

1. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

Zooba

has anyone here tried this? i am an english major and avid readers so this deal sounds good to me, i found the site through a macrumors ad, and while they dont have the best selection ever i am hoping that it will grow with time....im seriously conisdering joining so any feedback will be welcome thank you!

2. stoid macrumors 601

stoid

I was going to ask what was wrong with www.amazon.com but I checked there and the new releases all seem to be about $15. So $9.95 a book wouldn't be too bad at all.

3. PlaceofDis thread starter macrumors Core

plus there is no sales tax because i live in IL only three states get taxed and there is no shippin charge, on amazon only over $25 is free shipping...and these are also hardcover i believe, but even if they are not i think its a steal, im just worrying that maybe its a scam

4. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

sounds an awful lot like the literary guild, which is a horrible horrible devil of a company.

I got suckered into that :mad: :rolleyes:.

scem0

5. PlaceofDis thread starter macrumors Core

yeah at first it seemed like this was going to be another Columbia House or BMG type of thing, but you can cancel at anytime and you do not have to order any certain amount of books or anything, i joined up for the heck of it because they have some books i want so i will see how it goes, but i sure was on the site for a while looking at the "fine print' and i could not find a scam lurking so we shall see how it goes